Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to have around 30-35% on a i5-7500.

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using Deep IVS. But for some reason, Motion Detection and Video Tampering keeps turning itself on several times a day and I have to keep turning it off again. Not sure if Blue Iris can cause the camera to do this. I've reset to factory defaults three times hoping to fix this.

I also saw images posted by danimal86 that he has on option for "Non-motor vehicle" and I do not. Is this in the latest firmware? I'm running the firmware that came with the camera: V2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2522.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12
Also, what is "Non-motor vehicle"? Bicycles?

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using Deep IVS. But for some reason, Motion Detection and Video Tampering keeps turning itself on several times a day and I have to keep turning it off again. Not sure if Blue Iris can cause the camera to do this. I've reset to factory defaults three times hoping to fix this.

I also saw images posted by danimal86 that he has on option for "Non-motor vehicle" and I do not. Is this in the latest firmware? I'm running the firmware that came with the camera: V2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2522.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12
I heard that there is an issue with a current firmware, @wittaj mentioned it. I'm running the 8/19/2019 firmware and no problems. Maybe you can revert.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Ryushin definitely remove BI from the picture (delete cam from it etc) for fault isolation purposes that way you can focus on the cam itself (through the GUI) and make sure that the config is sound before adding BI back in. Also check your cam logs and you can see if anything is being captured there with regards to 'user' (which can be automated external sources such as NVR platforms etc) making changes.

With regards to the Non-Motor-Vehicle option, YES this exists both in Video Metadata IVS rules AND on early versions of the Auto Track FW for Deep IVS rule. However in later versions of both branches of code (ships with auto track vs auto track re-enabled) was only in Video Metadata. Its work pointing out that the AI for Non-Motor-Vehicle by Dahua is for vehicles not relating to a car, i.e. bike, motorcycle, scooter etc as opposed to any other detection.

For FW, I still keep mine primarily on 20-06-08 even though a number of recent releases exist due to some features being removed etc. This FW does NOT have the non-motor-vehicle option in Deep IVS, only Video Metadata for reference.

Hope that helps

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

And do not update to the latest firmware or you will lose autotrack as Dahua removed it from newer firmwares! I am on an older firmware as well, but since a person is on a scotter, bike, and back of garbage truck, it still gets tracked LOL.

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it was Blue Iris causing the camera to enable motion detection. Going into the camera's video settings and enabling "Get ONIVF trigger events" causes it to enable motion detection. Does not matter if the Trigger tab has "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" or the Alerts tab Trigger sources has ONIVF/External enabled or not. Just having the Get ONIVF events enable and saving the camera settings causes it to enable the motion detection. I'll contact Blue Iris about this bug.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So it was Blue Iris causing the camera to enable motion detection. Going into the camera's video settings and enabling "Get ONIVF trigger events" causes it to enable motion detection. Does not matter if the Trigger tab has "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" or the Alerts tab Trigger sources has ONIVF/External enabled or not. Just having the Get ONIVF events enable and saving the camera settings causes it to enable the motion detection. I'll contact Blue Iris about this bug.
Work around is to keep motion enabled in the camera and clear the detection zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to have the camera be panning back and forth and still have the AI tracking work? It would be nice to have a little wider view area.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The smart thing to do is use an overview camera, or two, a use them to trigger the PTZ.
I've got a few in the front along with the ptz, but can never really catch peoples faces as they approach, unless they walk directly towards the house.

I was thinking it would be interesting if it could pan back and forth until it locks on to someone.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've got a few in the front along with the ptz, but can never really catch peoples faces as they approach, unless they walk directly towards the house.

I was thinking it would be interesting if it could pan back and forth until it locks on to someone.
You can have different presets, each with its own IVS rules. Then have it pan from preset to preset. It won’t pick up on anything as it pans between them. And the probability is super high that the thing you want to see happens when the camera is facing the other way. That is why spotter cameras are recommended. You have coverage even if the PTZ looks the wrong way. The PTZ is just extra coverage.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
as @th182 mentioned and I advocate for all the time, use spotter cams to help ‘call’ your PTZ to the right place then have your IVS rule on the PTZ take it from there. I setup many triangulated and even quad or higher configs like this and it really is the best way especially with AI evolving across cam portfolios allowing you to put more faith in ensuring PTZs are called correctly then can rely on them accurately tracking. It’s all in the config though and based on your FOV, target requirements but if you take the time to dial in then in most cases people are incredibly happy with the results.
HTH

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
as @th182 mentioned and I advocate for all the time, use spotter cams to help ‘call’ your PTZ to the right place then have your IVS rule on the PTZ take it from there. I setup many triangulated and even quad or higher configs like this and it really is the best way especially with AI evolving across cam portfolios allowing you to put more faith in ensuring PTZs are called correctly then can rely on them accurately tracking. It’s all in the config though and based on your FOV, target requirements but if you take the time to dial in then in most cases people are incredibly happy with the results.
HTH
Ohh thats interesting! I didn't really get it about the whole "spotter cameras" thing that sebastiantombs and th182 were talking about.

So......right now i have my ptz mounted on the second story in the middle of my house facing the street dead on. I have cameras on each side of the house facing the street (North and South sides). So you can set it up so that if the North camera sees motion, then i can have it move the ptz in the direction of the motion to the north?

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ohh thats interesting! I didn't really get it about the whole "spotter cameras" thing that sebastiantombs and th182 were talking about.

So......right now i have my ptz mounted on the second story in the middle of my house facing the street dead on. I have cameras on each side of the house facing the street (North and South sides). So you can set it up so that if the North camera sees motion, then i can have it move the ptz in the direction of the motion to the north?
Correct! You’d have a preset for north and one for south. The those cameras call the PTZ based on what they see. Then the PTZ’s IVS rules take over and it tracks from there.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct! You’d have a preset for north and one for south. The those cameras call the PTZ based on what they see. Then the PTZ’s IVS rules take over and it tracks from there.

ohh me likey!

So i will have 3 Deep IVS smart plans: 1 Home, 2 North, and 3 South?

How do i tell the north camera to go to Smart Plan: North?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ohh me likey!

So i will have 3 Deep IVS smart plans: 1 Home, 2 North, and 3 South?

How do i tell the north camera to go to Smart Plan: North?
Spotter cams are awesome!

Do you have an NVR or Blue Iris?

Concept is the same, but set up a little different in each one.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@danimal86 - Good LOL because I know Blue Iris!

With Blue Iris, you can use any camera as a spotter camera

Just set up the triggers to trigger the other cam. Not hard to do in BI.

On the PTZ camera, set up a group containing the camera to move when that cam triggers - it should be the only camera in the group so call it PTZ for example.

In the camera GUI for the PTZ, make a preset for it to move to when triggered which gives the view you want.

On the Trigger tab for the fixed camera, under "When triggered" select "Move to preset" and select the preset number you just created for the PTZ.

Go back to the Trigger tab and key it in under the When Triggered area. This should be your fixed camera tabs not the PTZ tabs.

Check the Trigger camera group and hit select and pick the group name the PTZ is in.

Then check the Move to preset and change the number to the preset on the PTZ you want it to move to.

Then check the move camera groups and hit select and then the camera group.

Hit ok and then that fixed cam will call up the PTZ whenever the fixed cam sees motion.

1612843993476.png

Then when something triggers the fixed cam, it will move the PTZ to the assigned preset. You can use the "Trigger Now" to test.

The "Break time" on the trigger tab controls how long the moved camera stay on the preset before moving back to where they were. To get the camera back you could use that based on some time. I think a setting of 0 turns that off.

Last edited: