Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
IVS is definitely the way to go but again, dial in your settings for the FOV and desired target capture, that is key. If you need any assistance ping me in DM and can assist

Weird, I am sure I had the track time for the home preset set to 240, but I just checked it and it says 15 secs. It seems to like to reset things to 15 secs a lot. Is there a trick to keeping at the high setting?

I'll turn off SMD and let it stick with IVS.

How do you trigger the PTZ camera from a fixed camera if you don't use alerts? I've never seen that before.

here are my motion settings in BI:

View attachment 81839

And my object detection settings:

View attachment 81840

thx!

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The object detection works well to try to minimize false triggers from headlights, shadows, etc. So you had a track time of 1 second. So the object needed to be detected for 1 second and then move 100 pixels so the combination of the two means you were missing triggers. Then the object size resets at 67% means any headlight quickly blinding the camera and the trigger resets for the next event - or the car gets too close and is larger than 67% of the image and it resets. For your night profile, change the algorithm to simple.

I start all my cameras without the object detection on and then only add it and adjust the parameters to deal with a specific field of view for a particular camera. Most of mine that is unchecked.

The target ratio is so location specific. Looking at yours, you would probably want to run a little lower, maybe 30ish. Mine is farther away from the street so I am at 55. But this is where trial and error comes into play and you need to sit at the screen and wait for people and cars to walk by and see if it is getting what you want - or bribe the kid or neighbor kid to walk up and down so you don't have to wait LOL.
Another question for you. I am trying to set up two profiles for IVS detection with different target track rations, one for people, and one for cars. I finally got around to trying to do that today. If both IVS rules are set for intrusion, even with different rules drawn, it won't seem to let me use different target tracks. Does one of this have to be a different trigger, like one intrusion and the other tripwire?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has been so long since I set mine up, I had to go check. I thought you could set up a different track target ratio for each IVS in a preset, but mine were not set that way and I just tried and it wouldn't let me.

And then I remembered what I did, I think LOL but would have to dig into it. Either I have enough overlap in spotter cams that one would call a preset for vehicles and one for people and the preset field of view were basically the same so that it could be more responsive OR I made a clone of one of the cams and used AI for the person in spotter cam and then the clone was set using motion detection in BI with a min size that would be larger than a person, but smaller than a car.

Pacs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just purchased a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR And I am having issues with the alarm track showing up On the menu under deep IVS I do have a SD6AL445XA-HNR which I can get to auto track but finding it at times with a mind of its own and loosing the target.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where and when did you purchase it from? Keep in mind that Dahua quit supplying that camera with autotrack, so you may have bought it from a vendor that didn't have autotrack and that is why you are not seeing it...

Based on what you are saying, I believe you do not have the autotracking version or you are on the wrong screen. You need to set up a preset. Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track. Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider. If your screen doesn't show this, then you have a version without autotrack:

1611927915169.png

Reaction score
hmm...no matter what, can not get alarm track time to change from 15seconds. Have tried Chrome, Icognito Chrome, and Edge to make sure was not a browser issue.
Hit save 3x's and even 5x's. Tried different IVS tripwire numbers, tried different presets.
System VersionV2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12

Pacs

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have access to the System VersionV2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12

Trying to source it but finding it very difficult. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thank you

Reaction score
should I fire up my Netscape Navigator? :)
That's a No-Go for Pale Moon. I can change the number from 15 to 180 or 30 or anything, I click save, the notification comes up says changes have been saved. refresh. still says 15.
am I on an older FW?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you update the firmware you will lose autotrack, so do not update!

Try the ole reboot or factory default setting.

If you have it connected to Blue Iris, delete the camera from Blue Iris, then go to camera GUI. There was an issue I remember Wildcat mentioning about making changes with it connected to BI.

Reaction score
If you update the firmware you will lose autotrack, so do not update!

Try the ole reboot or factory default setting.

If you have it connected to Blue Iris, delete the camera from Blue Iris, then go to camera GUI. There was an issue I remember Wildcat mentioning about making changes with it connected to BI.
gotcha on update. I read enough to realize newest FW removes auto-track. Was there a reason why they remove auto-track?
Will try good 'ol reboot and factory settings.
Not sure how or why Blue Iris should be involved in camera GUI settings. But will try this as last resort.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think they decided they didn't want it in a sub $500 unit?

Blue Iris tends to interact with the PTZs more because we can set up spotter cams and PTZ tours and cycles and stuff in BI, and you can send commands to change zoom and focus and contrast and a whole bunch of other things, so this makes sure that BI isn't sending a command contradicting what you want.

Reaction score
I think they decided they didn't want it in a sub $500 unit?

Blue Iris tends to interact with the PTZs more because we can set up spotter cams and PTZ tours and cycles and stuff in BI, and you can send commands to change zoom and focus and contrast and a whole bunch of other things, so this makes sure that BI isn't sending a command contradicting what you want.
ah yes...that 'ol trick. Same thing happened to my cold/hot grill. Has awesome griddle grill ontop of a ice cooler below that can be lowered during transport. Competed too much with the other Go grills so they axed it.