Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read: WaterProofing Connections

If you had spent 2 minutes searching here, you would have found this.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you - I assume no way to repair the actual connector itself?
Anything is possible, but there also isn't anything magical about it - folks have had them ripped off or vandalized for years, so simply snip and replace.

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Folks, I am seeing a weird problem the last few days with my 3 yr old unit mounted up on a tree. The camera has been very reliable, but now it seems to stop being accessible from the network for some periods of time, sometimes 5 mins, sometimes 30+ mins. It always comes back, but I don't understand what could be causing this behavior. It's hooked to a Ubiquiti 24 port 250W POE switch, and during the outage, the switch still reports POE power being consumed, around 11 watts. But no traffic is happening.

I am trying to see if the camera is restarting, but I can't seem to find a menu item that tells me uptime. Does the firmware have that info somewhere? I am running: 2.800.1341000.0.R, Build Date: 2020-03-12.

When I go to the log file, it has logins from blue iris and my workstation, but nothing else - no system messages, boot ups, etc... Is this normal?

I have looked at the cabling, and it looks OK, but it is run underground so there could be an issue somewhere, but the POE seems to be pretty stable.

thanks!

BTMotorsports

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have looked at the cabling, and it looks OK, but it is run underground so there could be an issue somewhere, but the POE seems to be pretty stable.

thanks!
When you say it's not accessible from the network, are you losing video feed or can't login only? Can you ping it during the loss?
I'd start with process of elimination and try a different port or switch all together. Then consider the buried wire next.

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you say it's not accessible from the network, are you losing video feed or can't login only? Can you ping it during the loss?
I'd start with process of elimination and try a different port or switch all together. Then consider the buried wire next.
Well, it's definitely the network. I was walking around tonight and watching the camera track me while the camera was not pingable. So POE was definitely getting through, but there was no network traffic flowing. I moved it to a different port on the switch, with no change. I will have to get up on a ladder and test the cabling and connectors to see what's wrong. But at least it seems the camera is working, which is a big relief.

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was the RJ45 connection at the camera properly waterproofed? WaterProofing Connections

Did you happen to use CCA cable? Why we harp about NEVER using CCA ethernet cable. | IP Cam Talk

Did you use direct burial rated cable?
Hi. Yes, it was installed by a contractor who ran the cable and mounted it on the tree. But a critter chewed through the cable, so I used a dual female waterproof coupler to splice it. It worked just fine until last week, and we have had no rain.

I don't think we installed any CCA cable in the whole house, and it's def direct bury cat6 by the label, and its in conduit along with a couple other cameras that run through the same path.

I am wondering if my connector work wasn't the best when I did the splice. I use the passthrough RJ45 connectors which have worked well for me, but I'll run some test equipment on the cable path and see if I can isolate the fault.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all! Just posting to document an issue I’m having with an SD49425XB-HNR. My preset images are slipping. I thought it was the mount itself at first. However, this isn’t the case. My mount FOV on either side of the pole is identical and using it as a reference, the only thing that’s moved are my presets image positions.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey all! Just posting to document an issue I’m having with an SD49425XB-HNR. My preset images are slipping. I thought it was the mount itself at first. However, this isn’t the case. My mount FOV on either side of the pole is identical and using it as a reference, the only thing that’s moved are my presets image positions.
Have you tried cycling the power on the camera. It's not uncommon that the camera looses track of where it really is located the more it moves around. For example the camera tracks 10mm to the right and then goes back but actually only moves 9.99mm. Now where your camera thinks it is oriented and where your camera really is oriented doesn't match (.01mm off). A few of these errors isn't noticeable, but eventually the total of all these small errors adds up to the point where it becomes noticeable. Cycling the power causes the camera to go through a reset procedure in which the camera tracks to all of it's movement limits so that it knows exactly where it is oriented within it's movement range.

Last edited:

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I reset the camera to factory default and removed then reinstalled in BI. I can set a preset and not an hour later it has slipped and gradually gets worse. The camera mount doesn’t move as I still have the same objects in view on either side of the pole.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I reset the camera to factory default and removed then reinstalled in BI. I can set a preset and not an hour later it has slipped and gradually gets worse. The camera mount doesn’t move as I still have the same objects in view on either side of the pole.
You mentioned it is on a pole - how big is the pole and how high is the camera? Could you have sway-induced movement of the PTZ? That PTZ spinning back to a preset can produce more momentum than you think.

Try it not connected to BI and lets make sure BI is not sending some command moving it.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The pole is 4” sc
You mentioned it is on a pole - how big is the pole and how high is the camera? Could you have sway-induced movement of the PTZ? That PTZ spinning back to a preset can produce more momentum than you think.

Try it not connected to BI and lets make sure BI is not sending some command moving it.
The pole is 4” (4.5” od with .256 wall)schedule 40 and is 17’ high. I understand having the ptz generating momentum but if the mount moved, I shouldn’t have he exact same fov on either side of the pole for a reference? None of that has changed. Every preset has moved in the same direction while the mount remains in the same location. I’m going to delete the camera in BI and just use the web gui to take out a variable. Maybe BI is doing something?

Attachments

iikingli

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure what camera that was you posted but I know Preset slip mentioned in this thread was a common problem on the SD49225xa-HNR and its 4mp brother.
I seen Auto tracking with no Object filter. I was curious as to which cam had that firmware. If there was a firmware that didn't have an object filter, that would be awesome so I didn't have to use spotter cams.