Review: Dahua DH-IPC-HFW5842E-ZE-S2 - 8MP / 4K Vari-Focal Bullet Cam

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wildcat, please tell me why you do not offer a dome on the street?
Domes are not recommended outside unless it is well protected from the elements. The big issue is that the domes will hold onto water droplets much longer than a turret or bullet and thus any dirt on it can then become problematic. And during a rain event, the camera is basically blind...

1642783958478.png

The domes attract lots of dust. Then rain. Then dirty rain spots. Glare from all angles of the sun. Then over time the sun will "fog" the dome like a car headlight.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Wildcat, please tell me why you do not offer a dome on the street?
Dome one will have some reflection, just use it at some place really need to hide the lens watching at. Normally use indoor.
Bullet also Vandal Proof, If you think bullet is big just use the turret one IPC-T5842T-ZE, also working great, just the turret IR not as strong as the bullet.

Balex

n3wb
Reaction score
Domes are not recommended outside unless it is well protected from the elements. The big issue is that the domes will hold onto water droplets much longer than a turret or bullet and thus any dirt on it can then become problematic. And during a rain event, the camera is basically blind...

1642783958478.png

The domes attract lots of dust. Then rain. Then dirty rain spots. Glare from all angles of the sun. Then over time the sun will "fog" the dome like a car headlight.
Dome one will have some reflection, just use it at some place really need to hide the lens watching at. Normally use indoor.
Bullet also Vandal Proof, If you think bullet is big just use the turret one IPC-T5842T-ZE, also working great, just the turret IR not as strong as the bullet.
thanks guys, i want a bullet too. but the local supplier offered HDBW7842H-Z4 at a good discount, originally I was going to buy HFW7842H-Z (not z4), FOV of both cameras suits me, I would like to have a spare, but now I will choose a bullet, thanks again.

kenzi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I need IR, is this still the best options if I like the day time looks ?
I all ready have the 4K-x but it hopless at night, there are no lights and I dont like led
Is there better nighttime witt new firmware ?
@Wildcat_1 do you know ?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
When I need IR, is this still the best options if I like the day time looks ?
I all ready have the 4K-x but it hopless at night, there are no lights and I dont like led
Is there better nighttime witt new firmware ?
@Wildcat_1 do you know ?
If you have NO lights then the 4K-X/T will have issues for sure. You can use the on-board lights on those cameras with some great success as I've shown in my videos. IF however you don't want to use any light (on-board or off camera) then you will have to go with IR. If thats the case then YES I would recommend the 5842 for that. With that said, any light on seen is something I always advocate for so unless you are 100% against adding light to the install I would definitely have you reconsider this. HTH