Resolution resets itself

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 4 DS2CD2332-I cameras installed and running with an LTS 8 channel POE NVR. I have been working on adjusting the cameras using the Hikvision camera interface SADP. I can make different adjustments to the image quality of the cameras and everything seems to work properly with the exception of the resolution. I can change the resolution to 3mp and 20 fps and save the settings and I get a successful message but then the cameras reset themselves to th default resoltion. Does anyone recall seeing a thread on this issue before? Any help would be appreciated.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure the NVR has the latest firmware, and also make sure you set the resolution setting through the NVR.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure the NVR has the latest firmware, and also make sure you set the resolution setting through the NVR.
Interesting after everybody else telling me to make all the adjustments at the cameras themselves now somebody is telling me to make the changes through the NVR. It seems to me from what little I have seen is the most functionality is at the camera level only very basic adjustments available through the NVR. Can anyone help me sort this out?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Because the nvr is the final piece, your main/final adjustments are always in the nvr. Especially with a full Hikvision system.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because the nvr is the final piece, your main/final adjustments are always in the nvr. Especially with a full Hikvision system.
I only see very limited basic adjustments for the cameras through the NVR nothing like what is available through the camera interface. Basic motion detection through the NVR but that plus line crossing detection and another that I can't remember through the camera.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When you change the resolution in the camera, you also need to change the setting in the nvr.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I still can't remember how I fixed this. But I'm guessing resetting all cameras and NVR to default probably will.