Residential conduit runs, how often?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For those of you installers that do residential installs, how often do you find yourself having to use emt on installs?

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever used emt conduit in a residential for networking. I have in a business but mostly to hide the wires if needed because cannot get easy access to the walls.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was just thinking if there is no attic or soffits to access then emt painted or pvc would be the answer. I swing more toward emt as it looks better and is more sturdy.

Reaction score
I was just thinking if there is no attic or soffits to access then emt painted or pvc would be the answer. I swing more toward emt as it looks better and is more sturdy.
I would recommend emt if no soffits or attic I feel it looks better also plus it adds security to the lines! I haven't ran into that yet because if they don't have an attic they normally have a crawlspace and we can go up the wall from their. Or if its an inside the home job you can use the trim and go behind it just carve out a small space.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I usually use grey pipe outside and emt inside. The reason being, emt is considered fire resistant, pvc not so much.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of pvc on the outside of a residence. To me it just looks cheap.