Requesting a flood light camera recommendation

anom3

n3wb
Reaction score
First post so I might as well get this out of the way:

Nice to see a place on the interwebs dedicated to this subject :)

I am looking for a floodlight + ip camera combo that hits the following criteria, I'll seperate my requirements into 2 groups... Needs and wants.

The situation is fairly simple... We have a light facing our rear garden. There is a flood light connected to a 230v main thats switched from the interior of the home. I would like to retain ON / OFF capability on the light, as well as have a camera there. Currently we have a blink camera there... But would like to upgrade to something that's a bit better.

I have a very full fledged home automation setup going... So as long as I can trigger the lights on / off via some sort of API, I'll take care of the interior switch part on my own (eg: currently all of our lighting is z-wave based...).

Needs:

Powered by 230v.
Wifi.
Flood lights can be triggered on / off by some sort of API. I am very well versed in many programming languages and have a good understanding of APIs as a whole... So as long as I can trigger the lights on / off via some sort of HTTP / UDP / Socket / etc request.
API is local. Eg: I do not have to rely on a 3rd party "cloud" to toggle the light on / off.
RTSP support.

Wants:

1080p.
Motion sensor (PIR).
2 lights (or more?).
Physically adjust the lights vertically as well as horizontally.

Anything that hits all of the needs?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Others have asked about this-- I don't think this animal exists. One of the problems with utilizing a flood light is the camera would already be adjusted to a low-light situation. Flood lights turning on will cause the camera to analyze the lighting and adjust settings for what it "thinks" is a good picture-- something that takes time. That typically means less-than-optimal footage that is of little use. It's better to have an area well-lit continuously, or well-lit by IR flood lights that are always on.