Replacement for BlueIris

ericrw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, i used to use one of our old server ML110 G7 (Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1240) for 15 cameras.
Recently it stopped working and i am in the process of repairing but chances of getting it to work again very small.

So i want to start looking for new hardware. I am thinking of HP ML10 but it only have 2 core (Intel G3240) on it, would it be sufficient? As BI suggest minimum i7. The server will run as service in the server room.

The ML110 G7 have 32GB DDR3 and 1x SSD & 2xWD Purple that i want to keep using. Hoping it can fit onto the new server/desktop.

Thanks.

Last edited:

manxam

n3wb
Reaction score
The issue with the Intel G3420 aside from the low CPU power is the diminutive GPU built in. While it does support quicksync, I suspect you'll find BI will consume a lot of CPU on that box.
The E3 didn't support hardware offload (quicksync) but had the CPU power necessary to do it in software.

I'd look for an i5-4xxx or greater at this point.

P.S. I'll take that E3-1240 processor off your hands for the cost of shipping :) Got an ML110 G7 E3-1220 that is my "workstation" but I really need a CPU with hyperthreading.