ReoLink WiFi Doorbell IP Address Changes

Reaction score
Good Morning. I hope I am posting this in the right forum. I currently only have a ReoLink WiFi doorbell connected to BlueIris with a static IP that I set in the doorbell. It has been running smoothly for just over a month. Just in the last couple of days, the IP address in the Video tab of the camera is being changed and as such BI does not record anything. I have reviewed the help file but have not been able to find anything about the IP address being changed without manual intervention. I'm currently on version 5.7.7.18. Here is what I see in the status log:

Screenshot 2023-07-29 101208.png

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any updates on this? You say you set a static Ip in the doorbell. Is it possible the doorbell reverted back to a DHCP assignment? Have you tried reserving the IP you want for the doorbell’s MAC address in your router (which I’m assuming is also your DHCP server)?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This may not have anything to do with it but.....

Since version 5.6.2 of September 23, 2022: " The Camera Discovery window now finds MAC addresses along with IP addresses."

I don't have that version but I think on the camera settings => video tab there's a place to disable that feature.

Reaction score
Any updates on this? You say you set a static Ip in the doorbell. Is it possible the doorbell reverted back to a DHCP assignment? Have you tried reserving the IP you want for the doorbell’s MAC address in your router (which I’m assuming is also your DHCP server)?
Turns out that the IP address that BI changed to was the IP address of the WiFi extender and the doorbell was connected to it. Removed the WiFI extender and connected the doorbell directly to the router. Everything has been working smoothly since. Still don't know why BI was changing the IP addresss.

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Turns out that the IP address that BI changed to was the IP address of the WiFi extender and the doorbell was connected to it. Removed the WiFI extender and connected the doorbell directly to the router. Everything has been working smoothly since. Still don't know why BI was changing the IP addresss.
Interesting. Likely has something to do with BI’s use of MAC addresses, that has been mentioned elsewhere here, since communications from the doorbell to the extender would be via MAC address.