reolink b400

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Despite your best efforts wifi is never going to be 100 percent with a device like an ip camera that streams in realtime and does not buffer. You have to run power to the camera anyway, run a proper cable. Also note that he said wifi cameras, most cameras that have built in wifi are subpar cameras with poor sensors. If you insist on wifi, any camera can be made wireless with a cheap wifi bridge or powerline.
Fair enough, that makes sense. I am happy for some loss to happen here and there, considering my options with running cables the occasional drop out is a small price to pay. I have a wifi network where I stream 200 mpbs and it works very well but there is a lot of subjectivity in this and a lot of variables from environment to environment.

I am hunting for some cameras to buy, I got a Flir camera the other day which I haven't used yet but I need four more, whether I use wifi or wired I would like to get good cameras that work well with BI. I am not trying to pay $20 a camera but not $200 either.

What do you think I could look at?

Requirements are simple:

No optical zoom needed
At least 80 degrees field of view but 120 would work well, I would like 180 degrees cameras but they dont seem to be affordable and the cheap are too cheap to be good.
PoE and/or Wifi, ideally both
At least 4MP
Night vision at least 20m
15 FPS at 4MP
Works well with BI
Anything else I should list here?

Thanks in advance.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fair enough, that makes sense. I am happy for some loss to happen here and there, considering my options with running cables the occasional drop out is a small price to pay. I have a wifi network where I stream 200 mpbs and it works very well but there is a lot of subjectivity in this and a lot of variables from environment to environment.

I am hunting for some cameras to buy, I got a Flir camera the other day which I haven't used yet but I need four more, whether I use wifi or wired I would like to get good cameras that work well with BI. I am not trying to pay $20 a camera but not $200 either.

What do you think I could look at?

Requirements are simple:

No optical zoom needed
At least 80 degrees field of view but 120 would work well, I would like 180 degrees cameras but they dont seem to be affordable and the cheap are too cheap to be good.
PoE and/or Wifi, ideally both
At least 4MP
Night vision at least 20m
15 FPS at 4MP
Works well with BI
Anything else I should list here?

Thanks in advance.
On a real computer study this: Cliff Notes.
If you need audio: Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE | IP Cam Talk
If you don't need audio, $50 cheaper, same performance: Review-dahua-ipc-hdw2231rp-zs-starlight-camera-varifocal
Don't chase megapixels, the more megapixels the worse it will do after dark.