ReoLink 410s set up to detect mice

sillycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good morning all. New here. Still learning.

I have just set up a BI5 server with my old hickvision cameras. Just purchased two RLC-410 ReoLink cameras that I am playing with. I have temporarily set them up on the floor to keep an eye on a part of the house I am doing construction on to solve a mouse problem.

I want the motion detect to be able to detect mice in the field of vision. There will not be any other type of activity there. I set the camera to "min object size:100". everything else is default. I tested it with a small object and the 410 sends me an alert on my cell, but does not trigger BI motion.

I know I need to read through the manual and the help section of this website, but need to get this project finished prior.

Any ideas?

thank you.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning all. New here. Still learning.

I have just set up a BI5 server with my old hickvision cameras. Just purchased two RLC-410 ReoLink cameras that I am playing with. I have temporarily set them up on the floor to keep an eye on a part of the house I am doing construction on to solve a mouse problem.

I want the motion detect to be able to detect mice in the field of vision. There will not be any other type of activity there. I set the camera to "min object size:100". everything else is default. I tested it with a small object and the 410 sends me an alert on my cell, but does not trigger BI motion.

I know I need to read through the manual and the help section of this website, but need to get this project finished prior.

Any ideas?

thank you.
HI @sillycam

Are you attempting to detect mice under well lighted conditions?
Or are you attempting to detect mice in low light conditions?

Do you have any video captures of mice already?

sillycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
low light. Corner of living room. I have pulled the baseboard and there is a clean view. I guess I could add a light if it helps. The camera motion seems more sensitive than the BI motion.