Remote Veiwing

vlct

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have this no name ptz camera I got for free, the way to connect to this thing is login at ucloudcam.com or use ycc365 app for phone.

I'd rather not use ucloudcam.com or ycc365 to use this thing, Is there another way to connect to this to view remotely, preferably for free??

Im new to ipcams and just trying to see if this free cam is of any use?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
We have to have the camera make/model before we can even venture a guess.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there are other ways to connect remotely for free. With a simple web search of "how to view an ip camera remotely", you can find countless guides of varying quality for how to set up an IP camera for remote access. The site you linked gives the rtsp details for the camera, which is one of the key pieces of information you need.

Most guides will instruct you to forward a port to the camera, but this is generally not a safe thing to do because it gives everyone in the world the ability to connect to your camera and exploit the camera's cybersecurity vulnerabilities to install malware on it. Then your camera becomes part of a botnet that is used to perform attacks on others. Not cool. Although it is more complicated, it is a lot safer to set up a VPN to provide remote access, and prevent your camera from having internet access.

vlct

n3wb
Reaction score
I have already spent hours looking at countless guides on this with not much luck. That's why im here now to learn more trying to get this to work.

I have tried to port forward just to see if it would work (just for experiment after reading its not safe) using TP Link guide, but could not get it to work.

I have it working with Ispy and Blue Irus and had it working on VLC Player also with rtsp on my LAN only.

I have tried to set up VPN today through my TP Link router but ran into more problems trying to get that to work.
Im new to VPN also, so I take it to use VPN the 'server' pc would need to be switched on all the time to get access?? That wouldn't work for me.

All I am finding is everything I try and do with this particular cam is difficult!!.
I take it that because this cam has no 'built in' web interface/ program - app is a problem for 'easy' access??

I know this cam can remote access through my router (with the pc switched off) with logging in at ucloudcam.com, but the interface/ usability is crap, (and my guess a security/ privacy risk also??)

Basically what I want to do is access this thing on my other pc remotely at house 2 (with the cam plugged in to my house 1 router with pc switched off) with possibly some sort of ptz control/ settings ability with no cost/ subscription??

Can someone point me in the right direction without more hours of endless reading going around in circles, or maybe what im trying to do with this is not possible?

vlct

n3wb
Reaction score
The site you linked gives the rtsp details for the camera, which is one of the key pieces of information you need.
So how do I use rtsp for remote viewing?? I have it working in VLC Player locally but cant get it to work remotely?

Any answers to my other quetions ?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
get your self a good router that supports OpenVPN . then you can portal into your router to see camera just like you can at home.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So how do I use rtsp for remote viewing?? I have it working in VLC Player locally but cant get it to work remotely?

Any answers to my other quetions ?
Only way to do it is port forwarding unless you have a VPN serve inside your network and connect to that first before you connect to the camera.

vlct

n3wb
Reaction score
My router does have OpenVPN (TP-Link Archer c1200).

Trying to get it to work but it wont connect,
2020-09-07 22:59:55 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
2020-09-07 22:59:55 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
2020-09-07 22:59:55 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting
2020-09-07 23:00:00 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.

???

vlct

n3wb
Reaction score
Just another question about this ptz camera, is it possible somehow to access the settings for this??