Remote connection with Xfinity Gateway

lovedgor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After upgrading my internet service, comcast installed their gateway modem/router. I can not connect to my blue iris from a mobile location. I have tried Zerotier and still can't connect when not on the LAN. I have an Iphone 13 using Zerotier App. Everything works great as long as I am on the LAN. Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After upgrading my internet service, comcast installed their gateway modem/router. I can not connect to my blue iris from a mobile location. I have tried Zerotier and still can't connect when not on the LAN. I have an Iphone 13 using Zerotier App. Everything works great as long as I am on the LAN. Thanks
Was it working with ZT before the "upgrade" and did you set it up initially?

If so, just start from scratch and set it up again since the modem/router has been replaced, several things are different now.

Attached is a pertinent video. :cool:

Attachments

lovedgor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I had an Asus RT-AC68U router with built in VPN and it worked great, but have to try another method with the Xfinity gateway. I don't think the IP settings in Blue Iris App on the Phone are correct. I have watched the video you referenced and it refers to the WAN as ZeroTier IP of Blue Iris PC. I have it set to the managed IP from ZeroTier. Should it be set to something else?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When you login to your account at my.zerotier.com is it showing both your BI PC and your phone as being currently connected?
If the issue is with the ap you can use the browser from your phone to try ui3 connection. If that works then there is an error with the ap. example