Remote Access

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone know how to configure an hikvision nvr on remote access using a Huawei E5172. I have attached images of the port forwarding settings.
HTTP 80
RTSP 554
SDK 8000

Its giving me a hard time..

Any advices please.. Appreciated

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone know how to configure an hikvision nvr on remote access using a Huawei E5172. I have attached images of the port forwarding settings.
HTTP 80
RTSP 554
SDK 8000

Its giving me a hard time..

Any advices please.. Appreciated
Often cellular networks are set up so that you can't host a server of any kind to access your NVR for example. It's also a security risk forwarding ports.

You may be able to setup something to tunnel out on the cellular network to a VPN server you host elsewhere but you'll use more bandwidth keeping the vpn tunnel alive.

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
tangent, any good recommended vpn server over the internet i can use or i need to create one myself?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
tangent, any good recommended vpn server over the internet i can use or i need to create one myself?
you'd need to create that yourself on the network you want to view the cameras from. VPN services you can pay for serve a completely different purpose, attempting to hide what you're doing online.

There's a chance you could use the P2P type function in the camera as well.

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Haven't tried to get the P2P working before. Will check online how to configure it.

Any tips you can give.

Please thanks

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The P2P protocol isn't very secure and has been discussed here (search). It might work but will increase data use significantly.

Simply having the nvr send automated emails may be a more practical course of action

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well good news for me is that was able to open the ports. Called in the support of the ISP and they showed me the way BUTTTTT when trying to add device on hik-connect.com it is not allowing me so i checked online and apparently i need to update the firmware of the dvr (DS-7116HWI-SH) so that hid-connect will be added or something.. What do you think? Also am not able to find the firmware. its giving me a different dvr but same 7100 series.