Relative to Sunrise/Sunset

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In Camera Properties > Schedule there's a checkbox called "Relative to Sunrise/Sunset".

Anyone using it that could explain how exactly this work? What I am looking here is something like Daylight Saving Time correction.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I use it and its fantastic..Daylight savings time is automatically corrected for without using the sunrise/sunset function because blue iris uses the windows clock which makes the correction.
Sunrise sunset allows you change profiles based on you local sunrise sunset times (you need to enter your proper location)..you can set it +/- one hour...so for example you may have profile one for day and profile two for night. The night profile may have slightly modified motion detection settings..however, you dont want to set it to a fixed time because nightfall changes each day...so set profile 2 kick in say 30 minuets after sunset and profile one to kick in at sunrise.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, actually it is a DST setting?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, actually it is a DST setting?
No, it has nothing to do with daylight savings time..
Your computer automatically adjusts for daylight savings time (its an option in the windows clock that is checked by default)

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This I already understand. What I need is the Night profile to be activated exactly at night regardless of the DST that our country is using. Windows clock is a bad reference as it follows DST and sometimes 20:00hs is still day here.

Latitude/Longitude was already set at Options.

So, should I enable it or not?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you should enable it...i think there was something lost in translation ("daylight savings time")...based on your last post this is exactly the feature you need.
remember that it is a separate setting for each day and separate for sunrise and sun set...in your case select all the days (all should be in bold) and select sunrise sunset as you have it now in the image you posted for sunset, but dont forget to set it for sunrise as well.

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use it and its fantastic..Daylight savings time is automatically corrected for without using the sunrise/sunset function because blue iris uses the windows clock which makes the correction.
Sunrise sunset allows you change profiles based on you local sunrise sunset times (you need to enter your proper location)..you can set it +/- one hour...so for example you may have profile one for day and profile two for night. The night profile may have slightly modified motion detection settings..however, you dont want to set it to a fixed time because nightfall changes each day...so set profile 2 kick in say 30 minuets after sunset and profile one to kick in at sunrise.
@fenderman - I have the correct local time set in Windows, but the Sunrise/Sunset in BI is way off. Have I misunderstood where the geo-location should be set?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to set the proper longitude and latitude in the Global schedule. The windows clock is only used to determine the current time. if you google your location you will be able to find the proper coordinates