Registration Code

thehoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I installed Blue Iris and I am using it in Demo mode. I decided I would buy it. I ordered v4 from Amazon. I want to use it with my mobile phone as well. So I bought the android version. My question is, will the version I get from Amazon have a registration code I can use to unlock what I already have installed and working or will have to reinstall from scratch? Also, I need the code to activate or login to my system from the android app. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I installed Blue Iris and I am using it in Demo mode. I decided I would buy it. I ordered v4 from Amazon. I want to use it with my mobile phone as well. So I bought the android version. My question is, will the version I get from Amazon have a registration code I can use to unlock what I already have installed and working or will have to reinstall from scratch? Also, I need the code to activate or login to my system from the android app. Thanks
Welcome to the forum. Yes, the box from amazon will include the code. It will work on your demo version. Though in the future I would recommend not buying anything from foscam (likely the seller you purchased from on amazon)...
You dont need any code for remote viewing, you need to properly setup port forwarding on your router and setup the blue iris webserver.

thehoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I looked and indeed the seller is foscam. Remote viewing is setup...was not easy for me. I can login via the webpage. But I got the Blue Iris smartphone software to give me some control over the cameras, especially the traffic light feature. Is the foscam version different from the regular version? I have two of the foscam c1's.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I looked and indeed the seller is foscam. Remote viewing is setup...was not easy for me. I can login via the webpage. But I got the Blue Iris smartphone software to give me some control over the cameras, especially the traffic light feature. Is the foscam version different from the regular version? I have two of the foscam c1's.
Its the same exact software. Foscam is not involved in the development, they simply sell it.
If you can login via a remote pc, then the app will work as well. Make sure you enter the ipaddress AND the port .... ipaddress:XXXX where XXXX is the port

thehoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Its the same exact software. Foscam is not involved in the development, they simply sell it.
If you can login via a remote pc, then the app will work as well. Make sure you enter the ipaddress AND the port .... ipaddress:XXXX where XXXX is the port
Well yes it does! Thank you very much...again!