Recording events

Paulieboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
objects come into view and my camera starts recording in the middle of the action. It seems the recording starts half way through the event. Is this a matter of changing the size of the pixel range or number of pixel object size? Objects suddenly appear.

Chris TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Both of those you mentioned will increase sensitivity, make time as well.
And/OR you can add a few seconds of prebuffer. So even if it detects mid picture, it will record from a few seconds prior (based on your specification)

Use a combination of both. 2-3 seconds and the right sensitivity should be sufficient

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In addition to @Chris TT suggestions, camera I-frame setting can be a random factor. The recording must begin on an I-frame so if the setting is high, it may take some time until an I-frame comes along. Most folks here match the I-frame setting to the FPS.

Paulieboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After reading the documentation about the make time. I appears that a "lower make time" of 0 would catch more objects than a higher one, correct? If this is true, this may be one of my problems. I thought a higher number was better.

Chris TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After reading the documentation about the make time. I appears that a "lower make time" of 0 would catch more objects than a higher one, correct? If this is true, this may be one of my problems. I thought a higher number was better.
Lower is better

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
'Min. duration' also plays in to this.

I've found that using a min duration of .3 to .5 can help eliminate some of the false triggers caused by quick actions... lightning, slow moving tree sway...

If the recorded action starts too late with he settings you want, increasing the 'Pre-trigger' to 2-3 seconds will cause the recorded clip to start earlier (with additional overhead). Sometimes this may be necessary to get the sensitivity settings you want to catch/eliminate the events.