Recording Ending Early?

noneforit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I am using motion detection which works fine, I increased the pre frame buffer so it starts exactly where I want it to.

However, the recording seems to end while movement is still happening.

If I walk out there now, it will start recording and about half way through it stops!

Why would that be?

I have disabled Combine or Cut as I want it to save the files straight after motion ends.

Weirdly, all my motion clips are 9-11 seconds long, none are any longer.
It seems to cut them at around 10 seconds but rarely does it record the whole motion event, its odd.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I am using motion detection which works fine, I increased the pre frame buffer so it starts exactly where I want it to.

However, the recording seems to end while movement is still happening.

If I walk out there now, it will start recording and about half way through it stops!

Why would that be?

I have disabled Combine or Cut as I want it to save the files straight after motion ends.

Weirdly, all my motion clips are 9-11 seconds long, none are any longer.
It seems to cut them at around 10 seconds but rarely does it record the whole motion event, its odd.

Thanks
post an image of your motion settings. Object detection should always be disabled. Increase your break time to 30 seconds.

noneforit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Motion.jpg

See above.

Break time was 5 seconds and I have increased it to 30.

Is this the likely cause?
Thanks

noneforit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I should bring the sliders more left?

I did that before and it caused cars going past at night to trigger it. Our road is narrow and we live opposite a junction so cars at night light up the driveway which keps triggering it. I guess I could try and create a seperate profile for night.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I should bring the sliders more left?

I did that before and it caused cars going past at night to trigger it. Our road is narrow and we live opposite a junction so cars at night light up the driveway which keps triggering it. I guess I could try and create a seperate profile for night.
Yes more to the left, you can try masking the street. It is always better to capture more than less. Storage is cheap. If you are concerned about false alerts, setup a cloned camera in blue iris for alerts only - and set the threashold higher. Then hide the camera so you dont see doubles.

noneforit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks

I will give the cloned camera a go because at night I get an alert every time a car goes past.

I know storage is cheap but 30 alerts a night is annoying.