recorded footage is crap, but only on one cam?

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just another head scratcher. Only on one cam I'm having issues with my recorded footage looking like fuzzy unsharp mess. The live footage is nice and sharp like my other cams but on the playback this one is a mess. I just temporarily installed it to see if thats where I want to keep it or not. The settings are identical on all three cams and they are all running the latest 5442 FW from Andy. Anybody have any ideas what to do here? Do a hard reset on the camera and start over?
Here are a couple videos one from yesterday is the worst with the three guys shooting the breeze, one was from today and one is from one of my driveway cams.

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like you are recording the substream.
Side note - careful with the rainX in the vw. It is known to kill the fluid level sensor. Maker of Rain-X Facing Class Action Over Washer Fluid Sensor Problems
Had this happen to me years ago...
That was the first thing I thought too, it looks like it is recording the substream.

I never knew of that class action law suit. I've been using that stuff since it hit the market. I'm sure now my sensor will break since I spoke of it. I mean that's how it works right? lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That was the first thing I thought too, it looks like it is recording the substream.

I never knew of that class action law suit. I've been using that stuff since it hit the market. I'm sure now my sensor will break since I spoke of it. I mean that's how it works right? lol
Post your record tab settings for the affected cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
With mine, the effect was immediate. The low fluid light remained on as soon as I put the first bottle in.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh sorry. I was in a hurry t get out the door we had a sitter coming @ 4:00. Yes now I see didn't have direct to disk recording checked. It looks a little better now but I really won't be able to tell until it's recording in color.

Attachments

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I also changed my encoding to H.264. Geez what difference that makes.

I'm figuring it out a little bit every day, there is so much information on this forum it's literally impossible to absorb everything all at once.