Record motion detection analysis?

T-Dawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to record the motion detection analysis the Hikvision does? I see the analysis in live view and whenever I do anything within the Webcomponents plugin with the recorded footage, there's no analysis, just the raw footage

Something like what this guy has done:

Would be useful in early days to figure out what is triggering motion detection at certain times without having to be glued to live view...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to record the motion detection analysis the Hikvision does? I see the analysis in live view and whenever I do anything within the Webcomponents plugin with the recorded footage, there's no analysis, just the raw footage

Something like what this guy has done:

Would be useful in early days to figure out what is triggering motion detection at certain times without having to be glued to live view...
That is @dalepa's video and hes using blue iris to record and do the motion detection...blue iris has an option to generate those markers..

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Dawg

n3wb
Reaction score
That is @dalepa's video and hes using blue iris to record and do the motion detection...blue iris has an option to generate those markers..
Yeah I suspected this might be Blue Iris or similar :-( Guessing no way for the Hik to do it in-camera?

Might give Blue Iris a go on trial... shouldn't take too long to get the motion detection fully dialled in

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I suspected this might be Blue Iris or similar :-( Guessing no way for the Hik to do it in-camera?

Might give Blue Iris a go on trial... shouldn't take too long to get the motion detection fully dialled in
blue iris will not be able to record the hikvision motion analysis unless it sends that overlay in the rtsp stream...you can test it by using vlc...

T-Dawg

n3wb
Reaction score
blue iris will not be able to record the hikvision motion analysis unless it sends that overlay in the rtsp stream...you can test it by using vlc...
Yeah, no motion analysis in the rtsp stream unfortunately, otherwise I'd just record that. Looks like Blue Iris is running its own algorithm. Will give it a try :) Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, no motion analysis in the rtsp stream unfortunately, otherwise I'd just record that. Looks like Blue Iris is running its own algorithm. Will give it a try :) Thanks
Yes it does its own server side motion detection, but that wont help you adjust the hikvision motion detection if you are writing to nas or using ivms..