Recommended web browser to access cameras?

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of mention about using older versions of web browsers to access Dahua cameras. Is this advice still right? I have been able to connect to my Dahua cameras using Google Chrome v.115. I'm posting this thread because I didn't see one on this specific topic, and didn't see anything devoted to it in the wiki.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Internet Explorer to ensure full functionality.

Some cameras are fine with other browsers and some don't realize they are missing features until they use Explorer.

And this is explorer not chrome or edge with IE tab.

And for the Dahua PTZs the make time to track will revert to 15 seconds with other browsers.

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm running Windows 10. When I try to open Internet Explorer, it automatically stops and opens the Edge browser. Bummer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Explorer is still there and there are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...and this thread also shows other ways...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\110.0.1512.48\

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@wittag -- Thank you! I did just as you said and indeed IE started right up. Now it is asking me to download a plugin. Is this safe?

IE-plugin.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes that plug-in is what will potentially give you access to additional features. That download is a file that is in the camera, not from the internet.

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay. Now I am getting a message saying "Overtime login" and it won't let me into my camera from IE. I can still access it through Google Chrome.