Recommended replacement for Sony SNC-VB635 ?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Years ago, after the VB635 was discontinued by Sony, I happened to score two new sealed units on ebay for $199. List price before being discontinued was $2000. Despite it being discontinued, I thought it was a very good deal. Since then prices have gone through the roof on this camera. I still have the original boxes and packing materials in each one and am considering selling them and replacing them with something else.

Basicaly it's 1920x1080 camera that has very very good low light performance in color without the need to slow frame rate through frame integration. Yes it has frame integration but I haven't needed it which means that cars that drive by at night are clear without motion blur.

The other feature it has which is a must for me is that you can configure an http request url to be fired off upon a motion event which allows me to trigger security related programs in my ISY. So any replacement would have to have that as well.

It also has the typical zones, line crossing, intrusion types for motion detection that most modern security cameras have these days.

It could be that despite their age that there isn't anything that would be a lot more cost effective and that I should just stick with these.