Recommended POE IP camera with good night vision? Synology NAS setup (UK based)

eggy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking to get a POE camera that has good night vision. Crime on my street over the last few weeks (broken windows, stolen cars, people fighting you name it) has gotten crazy.

I currently have the CX410 but I need something that has a wider FOV (the quality is grainy as well IMO).

My NAS driver has 8TB at the moment, I'm happy to upgrade that to 24TB.

I have been looking at Amcrest Dual-Lens 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security POE Camera, 2 x 4MP Lenses PoE AI Turret IP Camera, 131ft Night Color, Human/Vehicle Detection, Panoramic 180° FOV, 2 x 4MP@25fps IP8M-FCT2999EW-AI (White) . Opinions on this? (The bullet camera reviews do not look good )

My budget is around £500 for a single camera.

edit: I am happy to increase the budget to £700 if it's highly recommended.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is too expensive for those cameras (you are paying for the logo) and unless the perps are within 10-15 feet of the camera, it is the wrong choice of camera.

Plus those cameras do not see infrared, so unless you have a lot of light or are willing to use the built-in white LED, those are the wrong choices.

But the camera will beat the Reolink LOL. Keep in mind the wider the image, the closer the person needs to be to the camera.

If that is the camera you want because you meet the criteria for that camera, trusted member @EMPIRETECANDY sells the Dahua OEM version for $238USD. We have many members here from the UK that buy from him either at his website, Amazon, or direct.

See this thread for the commonly recommended cameras (along with Amazon links) based on distance to IDENTIFY that represent the overall best value in terms of price and performance day and night:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And if you decide that the camera that wittaj linked above suits you, be advised there's also a bullet version:

eggy

n3wb
Reaction score
ok after reading @wittaj linked post I've changed my mind. How about a camera that can change positions? I don't have an assigned car park spot so a camera that I can pan and tilt remotely would be useful to wherever my car is parked.

Can I control the emiretecho1 cameras on my mobile phone (ios)? What camera would you recommend now? There are street lights on my road but decent night vision is still important to me.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, you could get a PTZ.

This would be the recommended one with little light:

If you have decent light, then this one could work: