Recommended online FTP services for Clips Backup

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would you guys have good recommendations of online FTP / Storage services for Clips Backup? Free ones if possible. Some free file hostings could now be offering TBs of free space, why not for FTP?

Better safe than sorry, really.

Last edited by a moderator:

bugmenot

n3wb
Reaction score
That's one that I would like to know also, even if paid.

Someone have recommendations on that?

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No idea honestly, but a workaround that might work given certain scenarios is to setup an FTP server on a local computer and have its depository also be the same location dropbox or google drive use (since you can set them to auto-sync folders on your PC). Now, you FTP from the camera locally to the PC which is then real-time mirroring to the dropbox or google drive servers. I tried this myself and it worked fine. Also gives the benefit of allowing the dropbox or google drive mobile apps as a way to view your clips.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DropBox and Google Drive always has some limitations like maximum file size, daily bandwith limit or total storage size. I'm looking for the best one even paid.

A have read a lot and it seems that there are 2 good ones: HighTail and Hosted~FTP~. Anyone using those or other ones?

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the Ultimate Linux hosting package with godaddy for my work website and they allow unlimited FTP, so I use that.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many hosting services allow that for FTP. The last couple I've had over the last few years(iPage and FatCow)or so have had FTP with a bunch of storage.