Recommended Indoor Cam? Maybe Hikvision

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have installed 4 outdoor Hikvision turret cameras and they seem to work well (besides a defective one that I have to return). I would like to add one indoor camera and was wondering if there is a prefered type of indoor camera you guys recommend. I even thought about picking up another turret mount, but they are not made to set ontop of a flat surface, like a book case. Any recomendations? How about the indoor cam they make [h=1]Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW 3MP Indoor IR Wifi Cube Camera 2.8mm[/h]
Chad

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now about the 2.8mm or 4mm. It will be installed in a large Great room. I should have tested with my turret cameras first to see what the best lense size should be. The 4mm worked great for 3 of my 4 cams and had to use one 2.8 to get the right view.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
2.8mm for indoors and 3MP, it'll give you a 90 degree view angle so you can install it in the corner of the room.

4MP turrets have a completely different view angle. 3MP ones are the same.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would like to add one indoor camera
Remember to revisit your network security when you install an internal cam as you are potentially giving the entire world a view of the inside of your house if you get it wrong.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Remember to revisit your network security when you install an internal cam as you are potentially giving the entire world a view of the inside of your house if you get it wrong.
Good point the DS-2CD2432F-IW supports wifi so I guess lots have it directly connected to their routers rather than their NVRs where there is at least a different subnet etc.

Strong change of password is only the start!

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I put all my outdoor cams on the same network as my house. I guess I could create a new vlan and put all of them on another network. Never really thought about it. Currently I remote access to the blue Iris computer. Might at some complexity if I have all that on another network.

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have installed 4 outdoor Hikvision turret cameras and they seem to work well (besides a defective one that I have to return). I would like to add one indoor camera and was wondering if there is a prefered type of indoor camera you guys recommend. I even thought about picking up another turret mount, but they are not made to set ontop of a flat surface, like a book case. Any recomendations? How about the indoor cam they make Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW 3MP Indoor IR Wifi Cube Camera 2.8mm

Chad
I grabbed a Cube off Amazon on sale for $102 and so far I am pretty happy with it. I did install it outside on my porch, so if someone wants to tear it off the wall they probably could. I like the digital alarm out, but it can't be adjusted and the PIR is too sensitiveFrontDoor3.20160618_183535_757147.jpg for my likes. I have not allowed it access to the web and I run a separate Vlan with BI having access to both networks only. I need to tweak some setting and I think I will add a dual tech motion sensor.
Getting too many texts is as bad as not enough.