Recommendations on a floodlight with camera

Reaction score
Hello Everyone ! I am looking to add a floodlight camera above my garage door.

I am looking for something that would support 24 hr recording to an external NVR (Blue Iris). The eufy Floodlight Cam 2 Pro looks interesting, but it does not support extra storage, 24x7 recording or pulling an RTSP stream to integrate with a recording device.

Any suggestions folks here can offer on what brands / products I can look at ?

Thanks in advance !

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was on the same dilema, not many good alternatives in the market. I decided to modified my own diy spot-cam

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
From what i can see you could get a 5442 camera and a separate 10 or 20w LED security light for substantially less cost than the cams your looking at.

Obviously you would also need a suitable NVR or since your looking at blue iris a suitable POE switch and PC. The money saved could go towards these items and you'll end up with a more versatile and reliable system overall

Reaction score
I was on the same dilema, not many good alternatives in the market. I decided to modified my own diy spot-cam
Thats awesome. Can you please share some details on how you got the two working together, and which components you used ?

Thanks !

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This particular camera is an Imou 2MP Turrent, with a built-in spot light (30sec default flickering), controlled through the app or by motion detection. Unfortunately, there is no output relay to control an external spot. It requires diy (soldering) using an external relay + timer (set the time above the default 30 sec) to control the spot. But in reality, any ip cam with relay output will do the job. You may search for an ip cam with relay output or just contact EmpireTech-Andy for more alternatives. It should have an spot light icon within the app (included find Imou app sample control)