Recommendations for a 4K Dahua/Hikvision PTZ for streaming to YouTube (Nature scene)

tankman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm a new member here and only have had experience with Axis PTZ cameras (Q6128E and P1454 and older) and I'm looking for a more cost-affordable brand. I think Dahua or Hikvision might be them. What I'm looking for are 4K cameras for streaming nature scenes (volcanoes and distant ocean views) to YouTube. I've been spending a couple of weeks trying to learn as much as I can but am still feeling quite unsure about a good camera to go with and was hoping some of the experienced folk here can lend their wisdom.

My needs are:
1. straight-forward audio-in capabilities for connecting an all-weather microphone
2. Something that provides a great colour picture (I've learned that the larger image sensor the better)
3. RTMP Protocol
4. Large zoom capabilities >25X ideally
5. All weather and reliable due to often being in a remote location
6. Ability to tilt above the horizon to view sky/mountain tops

The camera and router will need to be connected to a solar+12V battery power supply.

This camera caught my eye because of the large image sensor and it appears to be a newer model: Dahua SD8C845FG-HNF.

Looking forward to reading your responses. Thanks

braddo_ct

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm a new member here and only have had experience with Axis PTZ cameras (Q6128E and P1454 and older) and I'm looking for a more cost-affordable brand. I think Dahua or Hikvision might be them. What I'm looking for are 4K cameras for streaming nature scenes (volcanoes and distant ocean views) to YouTube. I've been spending a couple of weeks trying to learn as much as I can but am still feeling quite unsure about a good camera to go with and was hoping some of the experienced folk here can lend their wisdom.

My needs are:
1. straight-forward audio-in capabilities for connecting an all-weather microphone
2. Something that provides a great colour picture (I've learned that the larger image sensor the better)
3. RTMP Protocol
4. Large zoom capabilities >25X ideally
5. All weather and reliable due to often being in a remote location
6. Ability to tilt above the horizon to view sky/mountain tops

The camera and router will need to be connected to a solar+12V battery power supply.

This camera caught my eye because of the large image sensor and it appears to be a newer model: Dahua SD8C845FG-HNF.

Looking forward to reading your responses. Thanks
Pricier, but this is probably what you are looking for in the Dahua range
Dahua Ptz85848-hnf-pa-fl Starlight Laser Ai Auto-tracking Intelligent Face Recognition 8mp 48x Dahua Positioning Systems - Buy Face Recognition Posistioning System Dahua Camera,Auto Tracking Two-way Audio Dahua Ai Ptz Camera,Dahua 8mp 48x Zoom Positioning Ptz Camera Product on Alibaba.com

You should also look at this Dahua device. Remember that PTZ cameras zoom in optically so the 2MP with Starlight tech is often quite sufficient in most cases.
Sd6al245xa-hnr Dahua 2mp 45x High Speed Dome 550m Long Range Laser Ir Starlight Face Detection Auto Tracking Ptz Camera - Buy Dahua Ptz Camera,Auto Tracking Ptz Camera,Long Range Ptz Camera Product on Alibaba.com