Recommendation for small interior camera (baby monitor)

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 16ch Dahua NVR and looking for a small Dahua POE camera that would work as a "baby monitor." I had one about 5 years ago but I've misplaced it and don't remember the model number (probably discontinued anyway).

Also planning to purchase a Fire Tablet with GDMSS for monitoring unless someone has a different budget friendly suggestion.

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL - for a baby monitor wifi is fine.

That camera model is a popular choice around here for indoor - cheap price, decent pic, and wired or wifi options.

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
LOL - for a baby monitor wifi is fine.

That camera model is a popular choice around here for indoor - cheap price, decent pic, and wired or wifi options.
I purchased both the 2mp and 4mp models and received them both today.

I connected them both via wifi with the amcrest app and can view them via that app. I can also find them with the dahua ipconfig tool and can access them with the webui. They are sucessfully initialized, however, I still have the "red dot" on my NVR. Passwords have been updated - thats not the issue. I've tried deleting them a few times with no luck.

Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be advised that the Amcrest IP2M-841 can have 2 different IP addresses, one for Ethernet and another for the wireless; either can be designated "default."

Also, if it's a POE NVR what's plugged into a POE port will be on a private network just for the cam, a different subnet than the NVR's LAN or anything else on that LAN such as a Wi-Fi cam.