Recommendation for a small format PTZ with optical zoom

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all. I currently have a Dahua 5231 Varifocal in my back yard and although I want to go with a PTZ, I don't want to go with one requiring a mount like the larger ones with a bracket. My front yard PTZ is a Dahua 49225 which is excellent but I want a smaller format for the backyard. It's mostly birds and animals in the yard so I would like maybe 12x zoom or even less with good performance. Anyone have a suggestion?

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you. Noticed in the review that other IR illumination was used for night captures. I was kind of hoping to have IR built in. I admit I am being lazy. I really don't want to have to mount other devices and run more cabling to power illuminators. Maybe asking for too much.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you. Noticed in the review that other IR illumination was used for night captures. I was kind of hoping to have IR built in. I admit I am being lazy. I really don't want to have to mount other devices and run more cabling to power illuminators. Maybe asking for too much.
Hi @FlipNJ

Smaller outdoor rated PTZ cameras are often dome cameras as it is a challenge to make a small outdoor rated PTZ without a dome. Thus more issues with IR lights as it is a dome.

If you want a smaller outdoor rated PTZ do expect some compromises ..

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Had it ordered and now seeing it cant be mounted on a wall. That sucks. Not mounting another bulky thing off the house. The search continues.