Recommend a low light camera

Triplenet

n3wb
Reaction score
I stumbled across this website midway through building my first IP camera system. I wish I would have found you guys sooner because I'm sure some things would be different.

I need some help selecting a good low light camera for an extremely dark side of my house. The area is roughly 10'x35' (camera will point down the long side) and flanked on one side by my house and the other a privacy fence. There is no direct light on the area but the camera will face a street light that is probably 75-100' away. my neighbor also has flood lights in their yard that might produce some ambient light when they are on, which is irregular. The ultimate goal of this camera is to monitor a gate that goes to my back yard.

I'm using BlueIris with a couple of hikvisions in place and a miniptz (recommend here) on the way.

Budget is $125 but willing to spend less, or more, if there is better bang for the buck in a different price point.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Link above will be as good as it currently gets for the price and sensor size. I love Longse cam and low light capabilities but mini PTZ is just more fun.