Received my 7616 today, broke it right away. Any help?

GregTR

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received my 7616 today from Amazon and it was advertised as a USA model in orignal box. I upgraded to the latest USA firmware, 3.3.5 and it quickly screwed it up as the admin login page now looks like this:
2016-05-18 22.19.24_resize.jpg

I can no longer log into it, I tried the password reset code generator to no avail so at this point I'm at a loss. Did I get a Chinese hacked version that I managed to screw up by installing a US firmware? Any way to recover it? I'd rather not deal with the hassle of sending it back and getting another one but I will if that is what it takes to get it sorted out.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're gonna be okay. It's not a Chinese box. This happens when switching between USA ane Euro firmware (which both run on "Western Region" NVRs). Basically what happens is that the Admin and User account database becomes corrupted (or in actuality is encrypted and stored in the NVR) when switching between certain firmwares. The fix is rather simple:

1. Get to where you can login from the NVR console and see the garbled junk characters as usernames. First try selecting the first garbled username and use a blank (null) password. Check to see if it logs you in with admin privileges by going to the configuration menu. If it doesn't then logout (you may need to reboot) and repeast the same procedure with the second garbled username and a blank password again. Repeat by going down one username in the pulldown each time until your in with admin rights.

2. Then go to the Maintenace menu and reset the box to factory defaults.

Then you should be fine.

Good luck.

GregTR

n3wb
Reaction score
That did the trick! Thanks so much. On to upgrading some cameras now...