Reasons for not buying Chinese version cameras?

ivarsand

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have a few Hikvision cameras and the last one is a $200 PTZ that is only available with 5.3.0 Chinese version.
Since the menues are almost equal to the other english cameras, I have no problem setting it up.
Adding it to the ezviz cloud is easy with a DNS setting in my router and local access and setup may also be done with Onvif software.

If I understand correctly it is a problem with a Hikvision NVR, since it will only accept cameras with the same language as itself.
Are there any other reasons for not buying a chinese version?
I really like the PTZ camera and am wondering if I should buy another

Thank you

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can use a hikvision NVR 76 or 71 series with a low firmware like 3.08 or 3.10 they may show mismatch but will still work the never firmware will reject the camera under Hikvision plug and play but will work as ONVIF or create your own custom.
It's a stupid thing Hikvision do to try to control their region markets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smitty Blackstone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got two DS-2032-1 4mm
with V5.2.8_14123

It says "Newest Hikvision Multi Language Outdoor IPCCT Camera.

Am I going to have trouble using English to set these up?
I am not a programmer by ay means. I've read through some of the posts, and there is no way I can do this.
Used to be able to buy from Nellies, but no more? What happened?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got two DS-2032-1 4mm
with V5.2.8_14123

It says "Newest Hikvision Multi Language Outdoor IPCCT Camera.

Am I going to have trouble using English to set these up?
I am not a programmer by ay means. I've read through some of the posts, and there is no way I can do this.
Used to be able to buy from Nellies, but no more? What happened?
Welcome to the forum..cameras purchased from nellys will be US region cameras...Where did you buy yours?

Smitty Blackstone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
XINRAY was the seller. $105.18 each. Prime. I figured it said Multi language, and it was available through Prime, that it would be OK.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
XINRAY was the seller. $105.18 each. Prime. I figured it said Multi language, and it was available through Prime, that it would be OK.
The fact that it is multi language does not mean that its US region...most likely the camera will revert to chinese if you perform a firmware upgrade...Prime is meaningless, anyone can sell anything via prime...the only benefit of prime is easy returns and fast shipping, otherwise you can order the camera from aliexpress for way less, in fact xinray sells via ali http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I-3MP-Mini-Bullet-Camera-1080P-POE-power-supply-Network-IP66-HD-Outdoor/319147_1871226963.html
There are other amazon sellers charging less an via prime as well.
Note if you run the camera in 1080p like many users do, you can get the native 2mp version from nellys for 120
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/2-mp/hikvision-ds-2cd2020-i-outdoor-hd-2mp-ip-bullet-security-camera-4mm.html

Smitty Blackstone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking at the link you posted, it infers that the camera is or has English. Maybe I'll try one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at the link you posted, it infers that the camera is or has English. Maybe I'll try one.
The aliexpress link i posted was the exact same camera you purchased..the same vendor...they simply shipped it to amazon and charged you a 30 dollar premium..it will have english...the problem is that sometimes vendors botch the firmware hack..(there are reliable ali express vendors)..second issue is if you ever try and update the firmware it will revert to chinese.

dryfly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found a company in US that sells both Chinese and US versions. With the Chinese cameras they state they have a modified firmware version that is in English. They state that firmware upgrades are not required to make the cameras more efficient. They also state they have a modified version of 5.2.5 that could be flashed if one ever had problems. Are they shooting me straight with this info?

Prices are about the same as Amazon but you do have someone to talk with if there is a problem.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered on Amazon via Zoneway. Received my DS-2CD2032-I with firmware V5.2.5. Works perfectly, and all in English.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered on Amazon via Zoneway. Received my DS-2CD2032-I with firmware V5.2.5. Works perfectly, and all in English.
Yes, but if you update the firmware it will revert to Chinese..

Sent via Taptalk

Smitty Blackstone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just as a follow up...

Unboxed the camera Instructions in Chinese.
Plugged it in, did the SADP thing..
All in Engish.
Day of week, everything in English.
All good so far.