Reached MAX capability of AI analysis with DH-XVR1B08H

nrullo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras connected to my DVR version DH-XVR1B08H. It's allowing me to enabled 2 SMD channels, but when I try to enabled the third I'm getting this message "Reached MAX capability of AI analysis". According to the DVR specs it allows up to 8 SMD. Any idea how can I bypass this check? is there a way? what options do I have? why is this happening

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The DVR processor can only handle so much. You need to update to a more powerful unit.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What do you recommend? I'm new to this
Most on here will recommend Blue Iris.
Milestone offer their VMS free for up to 8 cameras I think.
It's software you run on a PC dedicated to the cameras.
A DVR/NVR is basically an under powered PC. So why not take a used business PC for cheap, fill it to the edge with as much storage and load Blue Iris.
Then it's easy to update/upgrade software when needed.

I personally love the idea of a VMS like Blue Iris, but I still like that an NVR is just an 'all-in-one' box that doesn't require so much effort to setup.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
After my experiences with gathering evidence for the Police on a DVR, NVR, and the
amount of time I wasted trying to find the footage and the limits. I found the most time savings with BI.
But since many people don't want to go that route, then they have to "settle" for the NVR experience.
I have 3 NVR/DVR/XVR's

I have Blue Iris catching the streams as well and saving them to a PC.
I can locate a motion event(s) so quickly, there was no going back for me.
But I'm in a commercial setting with 100 residents, and a lot of activity.
You may be able to find a recorder with more features.

They all suck for review. And they suck for clip export with proprietary file formats and using thumb drives to catch them. only to put them on a "PC" anyway to email to the Police.
BI is already got that work done when I export as .mp4

nrullo

n3wb
Reaction score
My current setup is 4 analog dahua cameras connected to the dvr and an antena. How BI could fit ? where can I learn?

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
According to the specs, it's up to 8 SMD
I can't see anything obvious mentioned in your recorders specs, so here's what I guess is happening based on my NVR's specs.

My NVR (NVR5216-16P-I) has a limit of 2 channels doing facial recognition processing on the NVR, but I could do all 16 cameras with facial recognition if the cameras do the processing.
I presume your recorder can do all 8 channels with SMD, if the cameras support SMD themselves.
I also see a mention in your recorders spec's that any IP camera connected will disable the onboard AI.

The processors in these boxes can only do soo much. Dahua are good for allowing you to set what you want instead of a blanket limit.
But of course, it would always be more helpful to have everything (and more expensive).

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Here’s one of my Amcrest ( Dahua OEM) recorders Apps to playback.
I just sits there looking at you stupid after you select playback and it shows you no images you have to know which camera number you want to view and which camera number relates to what scene In your system…and so you’re already losing time fooling around with that before you even see an image.
Was it camera 4 on the Driveway or camera 2?
now it starts showing a timeline at 12:00.
now if you want to review the entire overnight
Scene, it’s going to take time to try and use a mouse to select “event” markers. Then if you want 2x 4x 8x you have to screw around some more. Fucking annoying. FBBB03CF-25CB-4AC0-A9E9-A147F9E8F7DD.png57E2AF99-EAFA-498C-A211-1386C03E4B10.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A hybrid DVR means if you are using analog cameras, the NVR has to do the heavy lifting, so it will not do it for every channel.

nrullo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers! It's annoying this limitation, I'm not changing DVR or any Cameras at the moment because I just can't access to them (physically). So I wonder if there's a hack to change this limit, I've already tried downgrading FSP and resolution, but still the same. I've disabled all the IVS and only tried to enable SMD, but still the same. Max of 2! stupid dvr :mad:

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello.
What is the exact designation of your model? XVR1B08H-I?
1. Try disabling all IVS rules (you did).
2. Try to disable AI encoding and switch all channels to H.264 codec.

nrullo

n3wb
Reaction score
I've disabled all IVS rules. Ive tried with H264 codec but the same 1654077739549.png

Smart codec was already disabled. Still saying max capability when try to enable SMD on third camera

1654077683083.png