Re-flashing 8ch OEM NVR ti Hik mismatch issues.

millerg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have an 8 channel NVR that was purchased from a company that private labels Hikvision products. I use the tftp tool and am able to convert the cameras back and forth easily. I am however having difficulty with the NVR. I get a lot of device class mismatch errors. So far I have only been successful with 3.0.13 fw. The motherboard has "DS-80109 rev 1.3" written on it. I tried hiktools to create a ned firmware file and used the original header with updated contents and it gave the same error.

Does Hikvision hard code a device class in the unit to prevent this sort of thing?

Can anyone positively identify the corresponding Hikvision model (I assume it is a 7608 E series)?

Is it possible to completely convert it to 100% Hikvision?

The reason I want to do this is because I added some 4MP Hikvision cameras to the system and the NVR only supports up to 1080p, and I would like to capture full resolution. There are other capabilities that that Hik has in there FW that is not in the OEM version.

I have a serial cable connected to the part as well so if there are any tricks I can do from within the NVR, I have it setup.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Greg