Random captures from my system.

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Neighbors dog using my lawn as a toilet.

Neighbors dog using my lawn as a toilet again, this time I was ready with the sprinklers. Starts at 1:12

Someone has been braking heavily.

Jerk doing a burnout on my lawn.

Testing the Imporx 10x, cat got a nice surprise at the end.

Mr Moggys bathroom break interrupted by sprinklers.

Video 1

Video 2

Cops at the door. Not sure what they wanted, I'm assuming they wanted CCTV footage.

Video 1

Video 2 Starts at 58 seconds

Video 3

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thats a suburb of Perth I presume. You have some lovely neighbours.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They have their pets well trained to go any where but in their own yard. :p I think I would have called the police to see what they wanted.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
next time dont get such wide angle cameras, you should not have any walls and soffits in frame..

kimix

n3wb
Reaction score
Haha that doggie is a lil f*er walking all the way over from his home only to do the crap work on your lawn..

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
next time dont get such wide angle cameras, you should not have any walls and soffits in frame..
Actually I should, because I wanted to monitor the status of the windows and electric rollershutters.

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They have their pets well trained to go any where but in their own yard. :p I think I would have called the police to see what they wanted.
I tried that, but there was nothing in the computer under my name so they couldn't help me, I asked the cops at work and they said yeah they were most likely looking to identify someone or something that happened earlier.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Actually I should, because I wanted to monitor the status of the windows and electric rollershutters.
I'll give you a pass on the roller shutters, but windows.. no, if installed and framed properly nobody can get near a window without being captured and you need not have it in frame..

walls, soffits, windows, are a waste of pixels and mess with exposures.. plus a little bit of zoom helps a shit ton at night.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In addition to the wasted pixels, by keeping walls/soffits/windows in frame, you get IR reflection that contributes to the blurred look in your night vids.

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In addition to the wasted pixels, by keeping walls/soffits/windows in frame, you get IR reflection that contributes to the blurred look in your night vids.
It's all a trade off, as I work away I need to be able to see the roller shutters to make sure they're working correctly, haven't slipped the track, etc when the home automation controller opens and closes them.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's all a trade off, as I work away I need to be able to see the roller shutters to make sure they're working correctly, haven't slipped the track, etc when the home automation controller opens and closes them.
You could reduce your soffit coverage and still see the shutters. On that front I wonder about magnetic contacts as a way to detect issues. I don't have much experience with roller shutters, but it seems like if they commonly slip the track something needs adjusting.