Raccoon Family Moving Day

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Over the course of 4 hours, this family of raccoons moved to a new location somewhere on the hill behind our house. Two of the raccoons did not appear willing to move on their own and had to be carried. This family of 6 raccoons has since been coming around at night looking for food.

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would ask yourself "where did they move from?" They make look cute. However, based on experience I would look at your soffits in your house. Chances are very good the female gave birth in your attic, very common. Raccoons carry some of the nastiest parasites and in the wild they live 2, maybe 3 years due to the parasites. We use to trap them and per state law, they had to be killed. Trapping is costly as hell for a homeowner and we finally developed a product that's just now coming to market and once your soffits are repaired, they will not get back in.

That's neither here nor there, check your sofffits and attic for damage. The last thing you want is these parasites in your attic and should you find a raccoon up there, don't kill it in your attic. It may well run and hide and if you cannot find it you have an awful situation. Extremely common problem here in US and abroad.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm hot sure were they were living, but it wasn't in our attic I can say for sure. From another camera angle I see they came out of the sewage drain located across the street just in front of that fence. Those drains empty into the San Francisco Bay. There is a lot of open space up on the hill our house is located, so there are lots of places they could be living.

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good deal, trust me you don't want them in your attic. Extremely common problem.