Questions help please

Kpanic09

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So i am new to this site, looking at getting a camera system installed and hooked into my tv in my master bedroom. Looking at prob 4 cams at first maybe more later on all outside at first. In searching for 3 hours tnight it looks like these HDW5231R-Z cams are good? Any pointers what else would i need if i buy 4 of these also where should i buy them ? I also see hikvisions cams are good but the ones on amazon are grey area? So i dont know where to buy if i go with that company? Any help would be much appreciated!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The HDW5231R-Z was just dropped weeks ago; right now only one vendor is really providing them.. You'd have to import em..

Your going to need a video recorder of some sort; likely with built in PoE... however consider these are not bedroom appliances; most anyone whom puts any NVR in there sleeping area ends up ripping out all the cheap fans they come with and replacing em with nice and quiet ones.

Kpanic09

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Haha i know im a noob at this but import? And oh so there load then, whats a cheaper route to go buy a small 32 tv for office or something else? Also are the costco setups any good at all im looking at spending 1500 max right now? I read on here they suck haha also so does the brand gw?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, importing.. ie, buying from china sites like AliExpress.. then waiting up to a month to get them or paying a small fortune for airmail.

you got some reading you need to do; otherwise go buy a costco setup and let them do all the thinkin on your behalf.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
otherwise go buy a costco setup and let them do all the thinkin on your behalf.
They have a good warranty but don't do much thinking. NVR plus some storage plus some wide angle cameras. Bubble dome or bullet if you're lucky.