QUESTION: Who pays for shipping costs of Empiretech defective Product? you or customer?

Reaction score
I noticed the drive was sold by amazon services llc not amazon.com.... did as quick google search and im still unclear...posts claim its an amazon subsidiary selling for third party sellers...perhaps someone here knows...
If it’s a name brand item and not sold by Amazon.com that’s a hard pass anymore. Even then I’m to the point I’d rather buy it directly from the manufacturer/ reputable distributor if possible. There’s definitely something shady going on with the Amazon services llc it seems

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If it’s a name brand item and not sold by Amazon.com that’s a hard pass anymore. Even then I’m to the point I’d rather buy it directly from the manufacturer/ reputable distributor if possible. There’s definitely something shady going on with the Amazon services llc it seems
I buy from others when I can if the price is the same or better...B&H is usually one day shipping to me...newegg walmart etc...

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy is good to his customers. If only all his customers were good to Andy:

Amazon returns are maybe a little too streamlined. Some people use it to commit fraud and they must be getting away with it because it happens a lot.

Literally yesterday I received what was supposed to be a Samsung 990 Pro 4TB SSD...

View attachment 184934

Look what was actually in the box:

View attachment 184936

View attachment 184935
What the hell, a 16Gb SSD! How old must that thing be?

In situations like this how do you prove to Amazon that that is what you received?

Years ago I placed an order with a company here called ebuyers, ordered a few items and some SD cards, the order arrived minus the SD cards, thought nothing of it thinking maybe they will arrive separately. Waited a week and nothing so called them and they said the SD cards were sent with the items I received last week.

I then had a real struggle and at one point the women implied that I was a thief at which point I blew my top at her. She backed down and the cards arrived a few days later but back to my point she still thought that I had the cards and wanted something for free!