Question Re: Hikvision DS-2CD6412FWD-L30-28

Reaction score
Ok so I might have rushed to order a camera I wanted small enough to mount to a birdhouse without doing enough research.

I haven't ordered Hikvision before or from this vendor. I ordered: Hikvision DS-2CD6412FWD-L30-28
and I received just the 25 foot cable, a barrel-style camera lens and a little stand. The pictures seem to indicate a box is required to interface this module with the network, and the box is reasonably large so I'm guessing most the electronics are in it.

Can any Hikvision expert advise what the part is I need for the other "half" of this configuration? Apparently I paid $86 for just the lens half, even though the picture showed both parts. Kicking myself atm.

Reaction score
Seems the "other half" is: HIKVISION - DS-2CD6412FWD-C2 per the vendor of the first piece (the lens).

Can anyone that knows HIKVISION product, point me at an ANNKE or Alibaba Gray Market that might be an alternative? Unfortunately, since I have the hikvision lense, and the seller won't accept it as a RMA because I opened it, looking at the lowest cost way to get a working bird house camera.

Although if @TenderTendon ends up selling me his Dahua model, might cut my losses and be looking to sell this useless lense to someone with the dual-input base! If interested send PM!

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Take a look at the pictures we use, they might make more sense:
Cámara IP Hikvision pinhole : SECURAME

You have 2 recorders, DS-2CD6412FWD-C1 (which is being discontinued, for one channel) and DS-2CD6412FWD-C2 (for two channels).
And then you have 3 kind of camera, L10/L20/L30, with two lengths of cable, 2m and 8m.
So you get plenty of combinations to make, and you get the parts you want separate.

Edit: And you can find these on Aliexpress; and NO, it will not work with a recorder from another manufacturer.

Last edited: