Question on Dahua Live View through HDMI monitors

n3wb
Reaction score
I am normally a Hikvision guy but just purchased a full Dahua set with NVR from Andy recently for an uncle of mine. Have been spending a lot of time working through the menus to get comfortable with settings.
I have the SmartPSS and access through the WEB as well so I can adjust my uncles settings as needed from my house.
I connected an HDMI monitor to give him a live feed 24/7 and the issue I am having is that he likes the 8 cam view with one large in the middle and 7 smaller cams on the outline. I set it up that way when on the actual NVR itself before I left his house and was fine. But he tells me when I left, it changed to a 1 cam view of only the main #1 cam. I looked from my end on smartpss and web and cant find anything to set it. I went back to his house, got into the NVR and set it again. Once I left, he said it when back to the 1 cam view again!

Any ideas? I know on the Hikvision menu through remote config the NVR HDMI/VGA outputs can be set but I cannot see anything related to it on the dahua software?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Perhaps you have Display->Tour Setting turned on. If that's the case then disable it.

Or maybe your Uncle has a mouse on his system and is clicking it after you leave. Doing that can direct the screen to show only the camera that was clicked on. Click it again and it will return to multi-view.

n3wb
Reaction score
Will check the Display-tour thing when i swing by there this week. You brought up a good point about the mouse, I do have one connected as I mounted the NVR on the wall in a locked case, and left a vga cable and mouse connected for when i need to access it locally. Good call thanks!

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But he tells me when I left, it changed to a 1 cam view of only the main #1 cam. I looked from my end on smartpss and web and cant find anything to set it. I went back to his house, got into the NVR and set it again. Once I left, he said it when back to the 1 cam view again!
There is a way to change the local monitors split screen view from SmartPSS.

In SmartPSS (or DSS) you can load the 'Zero channel' stream. This is the local monitor's video.
In zero channel loading, you have the option to change the local monitors split screen view.

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks again, I did see this section in SmartPSS but was confused by it. WIll give it a try before I venture down and see if it works remotely.