Question about upgrading to the newer cameras.

Fishman57

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Thanks to this forum, and hours of reading and watching videos,I`m going to upgrade some of the 8 cameras( working well) I have installed . My main concern is that as I am using Synology SS ,so will I be able to install and utilize the functions of a
IPC-Color4K-T180 or the SD4A425DB-HNY PTZ recommended by Andy ? Or this SD49425XB-HNR that might be a little better?I`m sure I`ll become a regular if I do!
The analysis and depth of Wildcats reviews ,and others comments are such that I needed to watch,and read them many times. Amazing to have this available! But I am rarely involved with the discussions as I don`t have the knowledge yet,and can`t keep up with the experts here ..So I am hoping to find a few answers to see if I should tackle purchasing and installing some newer cameras. Andy recommended for my lower light area the IPC-T5442T-ZE
. I belive the 5442 series are very well regarded here so I might get a few of the newest version.Does anyone know if I will be able to utilize the T-180 series or a mini or other PTZ with my Synology SS? I purchased a Netgear GS116 16 port POE+ w/ 183W to add a few more cameras. Just trying to decide if I should stay with the T5442T s or go for the color 4K in a few areas. I would love to put a PTZ or the T180 over my driveway, and one in the backyard. I have IR panels in some areas now. Which I know won`t help the t180. I owned the Synology before any cameras for backup and storage and now use one only for cameras. I am tempted to try Blue Iris,and I know that is mainly used by most here, but I`m not eager to dive into that yet.If I get time I might preview it. Any comments or ideas regarding the mentioned cameras and Synology SS are welcome ! Thanks Thomas