Question about Self-assembly PC for BI

Roye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello

I already bought 12 Dahua cameras, now I need a PC.

I intend to build my PC because I can't find in my area ready brand computers at affordable prices.

I will buy these components:

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700 / 1151 Tray
Ram: 2 x DDR4 8GB 2400 SODIMM HYNIX 1.2V
SSD Drives: 1 x 250GB
Hard Drives: 2 x WD HDD 4.0TB 64MB SATA3 Purple Video 24/7 3.5

I'm a bit confused about choosing the following components:

Case
Motherboard
CPU Cooling
Power Supply
Case Fans

Can I choose simple components? Or is it better to look for a ready brand?

Thanks

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check out PC Parts Picker. System Builder - PCPartPicker

Plug in your CPU and the rest will follow. If noise isn't an issue and you are not overclocking (no reason to) then the stock Intel fan will be fine. If you choose a decent case with good cooling then the stock fans will also be fine.

There's a ton of choices out there so I'd suggest determining what your budget is and look for well reviewed/rated parts in that price range. Remember though that if this is a dedicated PC for BI you don't need a fancy MB with "gaming" features and tons of ports etc. Make sure it has at least 1 M.2 slot for the SSD and you should be good to go.

If you have specific questions on parts you're looking at ask here or even post the parts list from pcpartpicker.

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can actually share the parts list. If you can post that it would make it easier to recommend as well as modify and send you an updated link if needed.

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also what currency is that in? Can you share the list in US dollars?

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a slightly tweaked list based on your list above. Note that this is a USA based list and may not be fully available to you (but likely it is). I add a CPU cooler (OEM/Tray CPUs don't include coolers) and changed out the memory to save a bit of cost (don't need 3000 speed for example) and swaped out an 850 EVO M.2 since the Intel you linked is an older Intel SSD and is a SATA 3 drive so it will be slower than an M.2. That said if you don't care so much about an M.2 drive (about 3x faster than a SATA3 interface drive) then I'd suggest going with an 850 EVO SATA.

I also couldn't find that case listed here in the US so I put in a different case and PSU.

System Builder - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray, Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a slightly tweaked list based on your list above. Note that this is a USA based list and may not be fully available to you (but likely it is). I add a CPU cooler (OEM/Tray CPUs don't include coolers) and changed out the memory to save a bit of cost (don't need 3000 speed for example) and swaped out an 850 EVO M.2 since the Intel you linked is an older Intel SSD and is a SATA 3 drive so it will be slower than an M.2. That said if you don't care so much about an M.2 drive (about 3x faster than a SATA3 interface drive) then I'd suggest going with an 850 EVO SATA.

I also couldn't find that case listed here in the US so I put in a different case and PSU.

System Builder - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray, Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker
Also note that you'd be fine with say an i5 7600k and would save some money as well. System Builder - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core, Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also note that you'd be fine with say an i5 7600k and would save some money as well. System Builder - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core, Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker
12 cameras i would go with an i7 for sure.

Get a decent powersupply however and a ups that will power the system and the cameras.

500w is more than enough. Look at seasonic or evga if possible

120gb samsung ssd should be plenty as well. My home system runs off a 60 gb ssd

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
12 cameras i would go with an i7 for sure.
its not the number of cameras but rather the resolution and frame rates that matter...if they are 2mp cams the i5 skylake/kaby lake will handle it easy.

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its not the number of cameras but rather the resolution and frame rates that matter...if they are 2mp cams the i5 skylake/kaby lake will handle it easy.
True but you'd rather go a little over kill to future proof it if possible. I was assuming 4mp as those are fairly common and what I use as well

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk