Questin in regards of building a system, an looking back events

Dutchlincoln

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Question in regards of building a system, and looking back events

Hello,
I live in a small town, and things happen here. I already have a 14 cam analog system that i want to replace, and install a digital system with the knowledge i gathered in the past few years.

Just bought a hik dome, 2142 to see what the quality is, and so far, i like it. Going to install it today.

Plan is to work together with some neighbours, in order to create a larger area covered, and a view from different sides.
Most cams will be on my premisis, but the neighbour cams i want to connect wireless. They already agreed to let me install them on their walls.
What i want to achieve, is a view of approx. 300 feet around my house, covering the public parking lots as well.
Also, im thinking of installing one or 2 cams in my car and connect them wireless to my system. (Dedicated accespoint with hidden name on cam network) Also for more coverage, and different views. This cam must have a 128gb sd in it as well, and have a double function as a dashcam, hence the SD. (Is there a way to auto-copy these files to the nvr when cam is in reach of the wireless network?)

I want to use 4mp cams minimum, in order to be able to have some decent zoom capability in case of an event. Also, for the parking lot, i want a 2.8 an a 8mm lens. One for overview, one for detail (automatic having a failsafe as well..)

Playback om by 65" home plasma.

House to parking lot, approx. 100-150feet. Neighbour across the street, approx 100 feet. Total area i want to cover, approx. 300 feet.

Most important: event search:
I have seen a system where you can draw an area, and have it scan for changes in that area. (Afterwards, so if a book is stolen from a desk in the office, you draw a circle on where the book was and have it search to the event where the book got missing)
This is something i miss in my system, which makes me take at least a day to search an event, looking back every image...)
Does Hik have this function in their nvr?

Any ideas and advices?

Im having my eye on a DS-7608ni-i2 or better, Ds-7616ni-i2 advice?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Question in regards of building a system, and looking back events

I can't answer any questions about NVRs since I use Blue Iris on a PC as my NVR. But I can make a recommendation about the wireless links. I don't know what your environment is like (e.g. if you share a building with your neighbors or if they are across the street or what), but generally you want to use as little wireless networking as possible for cameras because they create a large and continuous load on a wifi network and they interfere with other uses of wifi in the area. Wire as many cameras as you possibly can with network cables. If you have to link two houses to each other across a street or anything then use Ubiquiti NanoStation Loco M5 radios configured to their minimum output power. Ubiquiti radios won't do you much good if you have to pass the signal through any kind of obstacle though, be it a tree or a wall or a car or anything, but if you have clear line of sight then they will give you a very fast and stable wireless link over thousands of feet, even extending to tens of miles if you buy the right ones.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
bp2008 is right about wireless. Avoid it if you can.

I've never used it, but if you google "hikvision smart event search", you'll find some stuff. I found this video which looks to do what you describe: