Q-See NVR (QC-8816) Change Password after Reset (or flash with Dahua firmware?)

ndrwstn

n3wb
Reaction score
One of the many affected by the Q-See shutdown, however I was still generally happy with my NVR and had no problems with it until recently. I started having a camera that wasn't always displaying properly, tried to troubleshoot, eventually decided to factory reset the NVR. Fixed the problem, but created other issues.

After reset, I can't change the admin password (from the default) because it requires you to enter an email address (which presumably goes to a server that no longer responds). I'm still using it on an air-gap from my network, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if anyone has a solution that would allow me to at least change my passwords so I can use it on the network again (mostly for remote viewing via the app). Alternately, my understanding is this is Dahua OEM, so is there a dahlia firmware that I can just update on this box.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of the many affected by the Q-See shutdown, however I was still generally happy with my NVR and had no problems with it until recently. I started having a camera that wasn't always displaying properly, tried to troubleshoot, eventually decided to factory reset the NVR. Fixed the problem, but created other issues.

After reset, I can't change the admin password (from the default) because it requires you to enter an email address (which presumably goes to a server that no longer responds). I'm still using it on an air-gap from my network, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if anyone has a solution that would allow me to at least change my passwords so I can use it on the network again (mostly for remote viewing via the app). Alternately, my understanding is this is Dahua OEM, so is there a dahlia firmware that I can just update on this box.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.
Welcome @ndrwstn

yes, it does appear to imho be a Dahua OEM NVR.

I don't recall needing to add an email address to my Dahua OEM NVR ( different model NVR5216-16P-4KS ) .. I'll post the info I found on the model in case anyone has good ideas on this issue.

Q-See NVR (QC-8816)

1635007355545.png

1635007413626.png
1635007556400.png
1635007577950.png

Attachments