Push notifications working today for everyone?

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

No updates or any changes from my side, but am noticing my Push Notifications are not firing today... I'm on 5.4.6.3. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm on 5.4.9.18 and push notifications, along with any other SMS service, has gone down the toilet. It's been like that for a few days, and a few versions, now. ATT is the carrier. Half the time BI can't even connect to the server and when it does the delay is in terms of hours before they're received. I suspect it's something ATT did with their SMS service.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm on 5.4.9.18 and push notifications, along with any other SMS service, has gone down the toilet. It's been like that for a few days, and a few versions, now. ATT is the carrier. Half the time BI can't even connect to the server and when it does the delay is in terms of hours before they're received. I suspect it's something ATT did with their SMS service.
Verizon for me, everything was firing on the spot, nothing noticed until today... This is the reason I don't touch my stable version anymore of 5.4.6.3.

Do we think this is a BI Push server issue? Is Ken, in the know? Thanks @sebastiantombs!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think it's BI related. I use an Android and my wife uses an iPhone. Same problems with both, but both are on ATT. Heck, I've had text messages fail to send and so has my wife.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
hmmmm. We actually use Consumers Cellular which is on the ATT network. I'll chase them tomorrow because SMS is now useless.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Verizon, but @sebastiantombs, why do you carrier is the issue? Am I mistaken in understanding that push needs internet, which could be wifi, not only cellular?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now that is weird. Did you accidentally click on a profile change and BI push isn't configured for that?

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now that is weird. Did you accidentally click on a profile change and BI push isn't configured for that?
No haven't touched BI. Just looked at the logs... It's been saying Push OK all day. But both my wife of my phone got nothing today. I even tried deleting and re-adding my phone... Still no go...

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update: BI machine manual restart today has possibly fixed it. Waiting for more testing...

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am on Verizon, and a month or two ago, I started getting text from BI that were hours late. Well, some were, and some were quick. I trashed the texts and am now on push to the Android app only. Those typically take 2 seconds to 2 minutes or so to show up.