Push Notifications -- How to get Sound to work?

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to reinstall BI (v5.3.8.17 and v3.0.18 on my Android phone) due to a hard drive crash. Everything seems to be running fine except the push notification sounds. I've set a unique sound for each camera in Configure Push Notification windows but the sound does not come through with the alerts on my phone. Yesterday, they started working for a little while. And now, I either get no sound or the default sound from the phone depending on which camera is triggered.

On the phone, I've toggled the "Play new alert sound" on and off but that doesn't seem to make a difference. And in Settings>Choose Notifications Options, the Sound setting goes back and forth between "Default Notification Sound" to "App provided sound." But regardless of what setting appears, I'm not getting the sound that was specified on the desktop.

Any ideas how to get the camera-specific sound to work?

1614441838203.png1614441120578.png1614441178966.png1614441213325.png

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue. no audible alerts and I have had recent threats . my workaround has been to leave the intercom on between the kitchen and my office so I can hear the alerts on the BI PC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After more experimenting, I've found that only select sounds from BI do come through on the phone but the others don't. Therefore, my guess is that not all the BI sound files reside on the phone. So, when the push notification hits, only those sounds that reside on the phone are played. Could this be the issue? If so, how do we get all the BI alert sound files loaded onto an Android phone?

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, scratch that idea. I was able to move all the BI sounds from the desktop to Android phone's notification folder. I went back to the BI desktop, selected new sounds for the push notifications and triggered them. Most of them are still not playing when the alert pops on the phone :angry:. Any other ideas?