Push notifications for MD

Jet3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Dahua IP camera and use the DMSS application.
During the night, I have alarms enabled for Tripwire and Intrusion. If anything triggers the alarm, I receive a push notification on my phone with a very loud sound that wakes me up if I'm sleeping.
Additionally, I would like to enable Motion Detection, but only for saving events to the SD card without the alarm sound. In other words, a loud sound for Tripwire and Intrusion, and no sound for Motion Detection.
My question: is it possible to enable event recording for Motion Detection on the SD card without push notifications?
Thank you.

Last edited:

Jet3

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your response.
I would like to set it up exactly as you described, but I am having difficulty.
I have push notifications turned off for Motion Detection (MD).
1704207497768.png
However, when I try to have MD record to the SD card, I still receive push notifications, despite having them turned off.
These are my settings uder "Remote Configuration/Video Detection/Motion Detection" and "Remote Configuration/Record plan":
1704207659010.png 1704207695762.png
If I turn on MD, also automatically turns on "Remote Configuration/Alarm Function":
1704208072676.png
So, whatever i do, I cannot get MD record to SD card without notification.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your response.
I would like to set it up exactly as you described, but I am having difficulty.
I have push notifications turned off for Motion Detection (MD).
View attachment 181463
However, when I try to have MD record to the SD card, I still receive push notifications, despite having them turned off.
These are my settings uder "Remote Configuration/Video Detection/Motion Detection" and "Remote Configuration/Record plan":
View attachment 181464 View attachment 181465
If I turn on MD, also automatically turns on "Remote Configuration/Alarm Function":
View attachment 181466
So, whatever i do, I cannot get MD record to SD card without notification.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I see you have SMD alerts turned on, SMD (2), so any human and vehicle moving in the camera's field of view will send you an SMD alert. If you only want IVS alerts you will need to turn SMD alerts off on your DMSS app, you can leave SMD turned on on your cameras setting though.

Jet3

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried that too - no luck. If I have MD on, I still get a push notification (specifically named "motion detection"), and If I turn the MD off, I don't get a recording.
Any other ideas please?

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Login to your camera from web browser via its IP address.

What are your settings under...

Event: Video Detection
Event: Smart Motion Detection
Event: Smart Plan
Event: IVS

Storage: Schedule

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not sure but try this... on the app turn off alerts for SMD as your camera doesn't support this.

On the camera's setting itself though your browser, under Video Detection --> Motion Detection, motion detection must be enabled - it wont record on MD if this isn't enabled

I would recommend setting up the camera though the camera's interface on your browser (motion detection, recording etc etc) and only using DMSS to enable your push notification.

Once I have setup the camera I would delete it from the app and then re-add it on the app and set only the notification on the app that you want.