push notifications different profiles BI5

TheDamski

n3wb
Reaction score
can someone point me in the right direction please, (if possible) im trying to set up push notifications for alerts to be sent to different devices for diffenent times of the day, example: alerts to my phone during the night and other devices during the day. push notifications work fine on profile 1 i can set up different trigger zones etc and all works ok. but soon as i try to introduce a different profile (number 2) and schedule it the push notifications stop, i feel iv tried the obvious things on alert settings under the alerts tab etc. test button only works on profile 1 as well changing it to anything else its just dead. other actions work fine under other profiles like playing a sound when triggered just not push ?

its probably just me missing something obvious !

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you're getting push notifications on all devices, then you've properly added ALL the devices individually into the 'Mobile Devices' tab of BI properties. And for EACH device you've checked the enable box to use push notifications--it also means you setup a UNIQUE tag for each device. Note that for legacy Android devices you may need to enable the Legacy GCM feature.

Now, when configuring push notifications in the alerts tab in camera properties, you'll be assigning a device or devices to a profile or profiles. You want to receive push notifications ONLY on your phone at night--let's say that at night you use profile 2. So you'll create a new push notification where profile 2 is the only highlighted profile. Leave all motion zones checked. Don't modify 'text' and 'default.' Enter your phone's device tag EXACTLY as you entered it in the Mobile Devices tab earlier (must be identical). Hit ok until cam properties closes and saves the settings. Reopen cam properties and go back to the push notification you just created. Make sure your phone isn't in a Do Not Disturb state. Now enter the test state and select profile 2 but leave all other settings at their default and hit ok. You can speed up the notification if you find yourself waiting by opening BI on the device. If you don't want your phone to receive notifications when on Profile 1--you can test this too. Change the profile to profile 1 for the test and the push should be skipped.

Now create a new push notification for the other devices and select profile 1, leave all the motion zones checked. Leave 'text' and 'default' alone. Enter the unique device tag for each device you want to receive the push notification (separate each with a semicolon if more than one device xxxxx;yyyyy OR xxxxx; yyyyy). And as before, hit ok to save until the cam properties window closes and repeat the testing process using profile 1.

Last edited:

TheDamski

n3wb
Reaction score
If you're getting push notifications on all devices, then you've properly added ALL the devices individually into the 'Mobile Devices' tab of BI properties. And for EACH device you've checked the enable box to use push notifications--it also means you setup a UNIQUE tag for each device. Note that for legacy Android devices you may need to enable the Legacy GCM feature.

Now, when configuring push notifications in the alerts tab in camera properties, you'll be assigning a device or devices to a profile or profiles. You want to receive push notifications ONLY on your phone at night--let's say that at night you use profile 2. So you'll create a new push notification where profile 2 is the only highlighted profile. Leave all motion zones checked. Don't modify 'text' and 'default.' Enter your phone's device tag EXACTLY as you entered it in the Mobile Devices tab earlier (must be identical). Hit ok until cam properties closes and saves the settings. Reopen cam properties and go back to the push notification you just created. Make sure your phone isn't in a Do Not Disturb state. Now enter the test state and select profile 2 but leave all other settings at their default and hit ok. You can speed up the notification if you find yourself waiting by opening BI on the device. If you don't want your phone to receive notifications when on Profile 1--you can test this too. Change the profile to profile 1 for the test and the push should be skipped.

Now create a new push notification for the other devices and select profile 1, leave all the motion zones checked. Leave 'text' and 'default' alone. Enter the unique device tag for each device you want to receive the push notification (separate each with a semicolon if more than one device xxxxx;yyyyy OR xxxxx; yyyyy). And as before, hit ok to save until the cam properties window closes and repeat the testing process using profile 1.

only just seen your reply sorry, this helped a lot in setting everythin up the way i wanted, but the initial problem i was having was under the user tab in settings theres a push notifications part and it was only highlighting profile one, so all other profiles were muted basicly. im still learning ! ha. all sorted and working perfectly :)
thank you for your help and reply :)