Purchasing first Hikvision for Outside (DS-2CD2332-I)

Curlyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, the insects build webs across the lens of my bullet cams due to the IR ring surrounding the lens. in warm months I have to dust them every few days.

I am hoping that the separated side-mounted IR on the 2332 will help reduce this issue some.
Oh wow, I never knew that! I wonder why they are attracted to the IR light.

Curlyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, for that indoor space I would use a 2.8mm lens. It would let you see the whole room, and if you did want to mount it where you indicated with the red circles you could use the Corridor Mode nicely up there. It just wouldn't be so good up there in case someone wore a baseball cap.
Mine is mounted up there, but that is because it would be vulnerable from the blind area on it's left side. It's only got about 2ft thick Berberis Julianae and Pyracantha on that side. The right side has about 8 ft of Berberis Verruculosa to protect it. I guess there would be plenty of DNA left on the Berberis, so perhaps I should take a chill-pill on it and mount it lower. >}:)
Berberis Julianae

Berberis Verruculosa

In your situation they would have no option at all but to come at it from the front, and would be seen.
Alright, cool. I will order the 2.8mm tomorrow. I appreciate the advice.

Good point about the baseball cap. Although, hopefully, they won't see the camera until after the open the porch door, which would give me a chance to catch them. Plus, I am eventually going to put more outside (corner of the house). I will test it out and see how it works.

LOL! :) I love the bushes you have. Not only are they good looking, they are silently deadly. I am sure Mr. Arse won't see the thorns in the middle of the night!! haha