PTZ1A225-HNR-XA Odd behavior

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have had the 360 cam up for a few weeks now and two days ago it started not performing properly. While I was trying to focus on my owl at a distance at night, it all of a sudden flicked and the cam name changed from 360 Dahua and reg time to IP PTZ Cam, military time and no audio. Yesterday I did go into the Web UI and hit the default but it is still not acting right. I need to know if this can be fixed or if it needs to go back. My owls will be nesting any day now and I need to get this fixed quickly so they won't be disturbed. The cam is mounted to a 16' 4x4 sitting in 100 lbs of concrete. I need help please! I attached a short video showing what happened at the time. Thanks in advance for your time. Here's a link to my cam which is focused on Jack perched on his roost. 360 Roosting Cam – Okie Bird Cam

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are you powering the camera?
What cable was used from the switch to the camera?
The flash appears that it is the Infrared illumination coming on.
If the power to the camera is iffy, the IR coming on may have caused a drop in the power, and caused a glitch.
Power cycle the camera first, then do a factory default, and set it back up from scratch, don't import settings.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have both the nesting cam (Loryta) and the 360 using their own new cat5 cable to a new switch in the attic. Then I have one cat 5 cable coming into into a 30w poe injector. We are getting ready to do the factory reset. I will let her read your info before she starts. Thank you so much for getting back with me. I am really stressed out about this with my owls nesting any day now.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That camera requires an PoE+ (802.3at) compatible POE switch. That cam can pull 23watts with IR on and motors operating.

If you are using a seperate power brick, it needs to supply DC 12V/4A ± 10%
Thank you for your help. We did the factory default and so far so good. I hope that did the trick. I sure don't want to try to get that cam down off that pole any time soon :( I'll see how it acts the next couple of days.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I would try a different POE to supply the power if you still have problems.
I have one that kept having little problems until I put it on a seperate high current POE injector.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well if its not one thing its another. Carol discovered the deadcat over the mic. I'm glad she couldn't swallow it :( I guess I will be in the tree again today and moving it out of sight so they won't peck at it. I have a feeling the owlets will be hanging out just below the barrel once they start branching out.

Attachments

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Well if its not one thing its another. Carol discovered the deadcat over the mic. I'm glad she couldn't swallow it :( I guess I will be in the tree again today and moving it out of sight so they won't peck at it. I have a feeling the owlets will be hanging out just below the barrel once they start branching out.
I'm assuming the owls killed the cat?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think when they are feeding young, when they run out of rabbits I think they eat what is available. Last year they brought in a huge Koi. Not sure whos pond it came from but I'm sure it was worth close to 1000 bucks. . They have killed barred owls that have tried to get their young. I hope this 360 cam will catch some things my amcrest couldn't.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I think when they are feeding young, when they run out of rabbits I think they eat what is available. Last year they brought in a huge Koi. Not sure whos pond it came from but I'm sure it was worth close to 1000 bucks. . They have killed barred owls that have tried to get their young. I hope this 360 cam will catch some things my amcrest couldn't.
Wow! Yes, let us know how the camera is working out. It's a very unique design!